TomTom Home error writing to device - SOLVED!

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I just paid for a new subscription for the US Maps. Home has appearantly downloaded the map, but I keep getting error messages when Home tries to copy the map to the device (SD card). Can anyone tell me where Home stores the map download so I could possibly manually copy the map file to SD card in my GO 720.

Thanks in Advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you format your SD card? Was it in the GPS itself, or was it in your PC or elsewhere?

Also, what is the size of your SD card, and is it a SD card or a SDHC card?

With best wishes,
- Tom -

While we're on with the SD card issues already, might as well add an important one to the "what is the size of your SD card" per -et- ... since it's a direct factor in whether a particular SD card is going to be 'writable' or not ...

What firmware version are you running on your 720?

When I connected the 720 to my computer last night, Home thought it was up to date. The unit would boot, but wouldn't show a map. I was able to manually install the map per the link provided, and the 720 is running fine now. I don't know exactly what happened, but I got the thing working now.

Thanks everyone for you help. Great site!

Ask a Question