"This functionality is not yet supported for your combination of your navigation...."

Hey canderson, I resemble that "squint" comment. I'm 56 BTW. Sorry. Had to toss that in the mix. Can always put the unit on the visor near the old peepers to see it !!!!

Hey canderson, I resemble that "squint" comment. I'm 56 BTW. Sorry. Had to toss that in the mix. Can always put the unit on the visor near the old peepers to see it !!!!
Ha ha. I'm 64! My model TT (see below) has the 4.3" screen. I think it's fine and compared with my older TT (3.5") is much better. I DO attach my TT to the windshield in front of me but high up near the visor so am able to see the traffic ahead of me easily below the TT. This works with the standard 'easy mount', but may not with other type mounts. It's not that I can't see the screen if it's placed near the rear view mirror, but in front of me it's almost like a "heads-up-display" so I don't have to look away from the road ahead to see it. :D

Understand. A different route.... The unit from Amazon - have that RMA'd back to TT under Warranty. They pay for a 2-day ship to them; then ship slow boat back to you....

Anyway - the units in the TT distribution center should be fine (per TT support.) I wanted them to spend a few dollars fixing their mess - so they are shipping me a new unit. Amazon also stated that they did not track S/N's - so if the new 540 from TT is not able to be made to work correctly - I already know that can still be returned to Amazon for full refund.

D.

Thanks for the post. I (and I'm sure others) will be interested to hear how you make out. I'll be especially interested in what version of the software you end up with on your replacement unit.

I guess I'll try the same route myself. I bought the 540 for a reason - I wanted the size and the lifetime maps, and I want the feature set that I paid for. Unfortunately that seems to be a lot to ask from TomTom now. Very disappointing after my previous happy expereince with them

Last edited:
Very slight Update, and question for MVL

Hi all. Received (fedex) the TT new Warranty XXL540 unit today.

It has exactly the same spec's as the unit I purchased from Amazon.

Device: AKVG6 DAE66
App: 9.061.576030.2, OS 567329
(1034, 9/15/2010)
64MB RAM (free:20.2 MB)
GPS v1.20, Boot 5.5279
Map: 'USA_CANADA_and_MEXICO_P' v845.2670
Language: English US
S/N: RX504....

I haven't updated to the 865 map as yet. (Haven't done ANYTHING except to make an explorer backup; set some preferences - make BKUP of that; and register the unit with Home (which was switch unit between other unit; only do that every 6 months... warning))

From looking at the following post which MVL updated early this morning on 3-9-11

https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom-one-start-ease-xl-xxl/24948-fixing-problems-xxl-540-a.html

I surmise that I might as well not even bother to try and get the 'operate my xxl" feature in Home to work - if I want the latest 865 and future maps.

MVL - is that a fair statement? From the spec's of my new warranty replacement; and your edited post - I believe your stating not to even bother with all the headache of trying to get it to work, cause its not going to... Just wondering. And thanks for all of your previous help to me, and general forum support.

PS: For reference - the old post of 'old' returned unit is found at:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom-one-start-ease-xl-xxl/24994-xxl540-tm-problems-not-fixed.html

D.

You're correct, either use the old map with Operate My XXL working, or the new map without it.

Keep calling/bugging Tomtom and tell them to have their developers build a Operate My XXL patch for that software version.

With app 10.x maps finally launched for newer devices, the server team might have some spare development cycles to build it.

Question:
I have updated to the 865 map but have an old original Windows Explorer backup of my entire XXL540TM with 9.061 app and 845 map.
Is it just asking for trouble to go back to the old original files and map?? Will TomTom Home software give me a bunch of grief over that? Will I be able to switch back to the 865 map Windows Explorer backup if they fix the Operate my XXL problem?
What happens to all of the Quickgpsfix and map updates I have downloaded if I regress? Will I just get downloads for ones for the 845 map through TomTom software?

I'm inclined to just live without the feature at this point in time if trying to get it to work is going to cause me more grief than joy. :(

MVL - thanks for the reply and info. Although, with my 'new' unit - the 'operate my xxl' feature does not work. No updated map. 'downgrading" to 9.058 might allow the emulator to work - but then probably even the old un-updated map - probably would not work.

Have not changed anything. Straight from the factory. That 9.061.576030.2 app is not nice. But Bily42 seems to have it with the emulator working.

Where is this emulator file? Anyone post one, that I could apply to this unit??

Thanks.

David

No, I don't have it working with the emulator; have never had it working with the emulator.
What happened was that I think I had the 9.058 app on the device when I first got it, but had not been to this forum to get good advice first and didn't even KNOW about the "Operate My XXL" feature, connected with TomTom software and just accepted all the updates and I guess one of them was the 9.061 app OR I had the 9.061 app on it from the beginning THEN I came to this forum and found out I should do a Windows Explorer backup - the TomTom software overwrites your previous backup (unless you rename the folder).

Heh , so, come to think of it, putting back the 9.061 and 845 will actually gain me nothing, right? It has to be a backup with the 9.058 and 845?

Tomtom just released 9.061 to more devices today. It's possible they fixed the Operate my XXL too. Are others who had Operate my XXL issues in the past now having no problems?

deleted my previous above post - since TT Fixed Today!

Well gee, I have to correct this. Since TT has finally fixed it!

My XXL540 is now working with the emulator. Allowed me to set a password, etc. Now, just have to update it, and hopefully all will still work.

Thanks again to MVL, DHN, and all of the users who were bugging TT.

D.

Last edited:
I have 2 540TM XXLs one with app9.053 and the other app 9.103 with map 865 all works fine a 1000 mile trip plus TTHome is working
speed cam works but I also use Trapster as well
And yes they were bought from a big box stoe in July 0f 2010.

i just updated my xxl540m. the operate my device function does not work anymore (but i can live without it) nor does the backup and restore function. i found a different thread that recommended not using the tt backup/restore, to just put it on the desktop instead (which i did do). but is this going to be a discontinued function also?
it is running application 9.061 and map 865.3254

Last edited:
no. there is no link to download anything to make operate work or to make backup/restore work. both say they are not supported by my device.

Married2000 -

Are you connected to the Internet and have Home logged in - when you have your XXL540 connected?

To be able to offer you the file, and to know that a new file exists - you have to be logged in. I suggest it - because on a lot of stuff, I don't like to be logged in... (If it works don't fix it). In this case - you need to be logged into your account, etc.

D.

Ask a Question