730 functionality - will there be an upgrade?

Having purchased my 720 back in mid-December and this being my first purchase of a TomTom unit I was wondering what others who have been longtime TomTom customers have experienced when new models with upgraded features have been introduced. To me, looking at the feature set of the new 730 unit, it looks like a major software upgrade and not a hardware upgrade. Wondering whether I should expect TomTom to offer X20 users like myself the ability to purchase/download a software upgrade that gives me that 730 functionality.

Jack Weintraub

Having purchased my 720 back in mid-December and this being my first purchase of a TomTom unit I was wondering what others who have been longtime TomTom customers have experienced when new models with upgraded features have been introduced. To me, looking at the feature set of the new 730 unit, it looks like a major software upgrade and not a hardware upgrade. Wondering whether I should expect TomTom to offer X20 users like myself the ability to purchase/download a software upgrade that gives me that 730 functionality.

Jack Weintraub

Pedro, a moderator here, feels that eventually a Navcore 8 (lite) version will be made available for current Navcore 7 users. It seems though that the IQ feature is map related, not software related.

The x20 units should share the same software features as the new x30 units. The difference may just be the outer shell. (shhh)The reason why I feel this is because 720 units were used to try out the new Navcore 8.

i was thinking the same but those look like upgraded graphics, i wonder if the 720 can really support it. im also wondering how much it would all cost. any ideas?

just to let you know, you can put almost all the features even from the 920 onto the X10 series and even the v1-3. So im 99.999999% sure you will be able to upgrade your unit when navcore 8 comes out.

Ask a Question