MyTomTom Claims No LMG Functionality

TomTom Model(s)
GO 2535 TMWTE & GO720
.....Just remember that whatever M model you purchase REQUIRES you to add the activation code for lifetime maps when you register the unit using MyTomTom web page.....

I just bought my 2535 TM. and when I tried to enter my code to activate my lifetime maps, I get the folloing error message:

``The activation code you have entered cannot be used due to incompatibility with the installed application version``

Couldn`t find anything on the support site. Any ideas?

Thnx

I guess the first thing to do is make sure that your version of MyTomTom is current since that seems to be the complaint. The LMG functionality wasn't there on early versions of MyTomTom.

Check in the Systray (the MyTomTom icon) in the About section. Current version is, as I recall, 3.1.0.530. Under General, be sure that "Tell me when updates are available" is set up for "Every day". Alternately, you can just grab the latest and greatest from TomTom here => https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/mytomtom/getstarted/

For whatever reason, activation of the lifetime map code appears to be problematic for Canadians. Call CS at 866-486-6866 and they can activate on their end.

.....the latest and greatest

TooFunny.gif

OK - just the "latest" then. At least it has more functionality than it used to have, even if the sync between device/systray/web page are still totally strange.

Ask a Question