Go 1000 Speed Camera Functionality MISSING

I have a Go LIve 1000 and a few weeks ago my Speed Camera functionality just stoped working, as if being disabled. Mailed Tomom, to which I received the following reply:

Please be advised that this challenge with the speed camera's no longer working is under investigation and we hope to have it resolved soon in a future update that will be offered through MyTomTom. Of course we will compensate you by extending your speed camera's for the period you have been without this functionality. I will keep this case on research for the moment and get back to you regarding this.

Great stuff hey, I bought the unit to use for the speed camera functionality, so it's pretty much useless to me now. Been without it for 3 weeks now!

The only things we can suggest when it comes to the newer Navcore 10 based devices such as the one you own is to reset it by holding the power button down until the drum roll (typically 20 seconds), if that fails you can try the Restore Factory defaults option from the menu.

I suspect the issue you have is server related rather than an issue with your device - Mike

had a similar issue with cameras not updating. tt have said they will extend the period that they were not available to my 1 year free access when they have resolved the issue, so I would suggest contacting tt again and asking for this for yourself:thumb:

Great stuff hey, I bought the unit to use for the speed camera functionality, so it's pretty much useless to me now. Been without it for 3 weeks now!

If it's that important to you, then you shouldn't be relying on the TomTom camera data anyway... it's pretty crap!

You don't say where you are from, but certainly in the US, the UK and most of Europe , there are better alternatives which can be used successfully on a Go1000.

Ask a Question