"This functionality is not yet supported for your combination of your navigation...."

Hello Everyone
I have a new XXL540 TM WTE.
I tried to connect to my device using the HOME "Operate My Device". I also tried to send trip directions using the Google Send to GPS option. In both cases I got the "famous" error:
"This functionality is not yet supported for your combination of your navigation device, devices application version and your computers operating system"

I tried this on two different desktops.
One running Win 7 Professional 64-bit TomTom Home Ver. 2.8 and one Win XP TomTom Home Ver. 2.7.
I got the same error on both.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks
David

A file should be offered to get downloaded for the emulator to function properly. Is it not doing that?

Sam error

I'm getting the same error. I have an XXL 540TM WTE unit that I just received on Dec 23rd. I've done the updates through HOME and event updated HOME to v 2.8. Whenever I try to use the "Operate my XXL" in HOME, I get the "functionality not yet supported" error.

Unit: XXL 540TM WTE
HOME Ver: 2.8
App ver: 9.056.552648.2

When I first connected the device, HOME did a software update for the GPS itself (I had to manually do the HOME update). But after that, I have never been prompted to download any emulator.

That functionality may show up all of a sudden one day when you open Home. Give it a few days..........

mbd114
I a complaint to TomTom about this issue. I didn't get any response yet . I suggest that you complaint to TomTom too so maybe they will do something about this
Here is a link
Support Home Page
click on "Email us"
Thanks

I guess I should be lumped into this group too. I have the 540TM but not the WTE and I never had a file download offer for the Operate my XXL. I will write to complain too.

Operate my XXL doesn't work

Having same issues as noted in this post. Tried this on 2 different PC, Vista 32 and 64. Same problem in both cases. I've emailed Tomtom Tech support with no response.

Mine as well

Received mine with the Amazon "special offer" with audio books - free on 12/24/10.

Cannot operate my XL AND Audio books says my unit is compatable but still haven't figured out how to download and listen to a book.

The 540 model does not have the capability to play audio books as it has neither a jukebox function (for playing mp3s) nor a document reader. That is my understanding.

Someone Help!!!

After following TomTom's support advice to solve the "This functionality is not yet supported for your combination" issue, now my XXL540 doesn't start the application. When I turn it on it is stuck on the TomTom logo and that's it.
Ideas?
BTW, tried to contact customer support on the phone several times for hours but no luck.

Have you made an Explorer, not Home backup?

Are you disconnecting the unit PROPERLY from Home using the Device Disconnect icon?

plan A:
Hod the power button for about 10 seconds and see if that helps.

plan B:
If A failed, use Explorer to delete the mapsettings.cfg file in your specific map folder and remove the unit properly from the computer using the Hardware Disconnect icon. Restart.

plan c:
Make the Explorer backup. Delete all the loose files in the root of the unit. NO folders or their contents. Start Home. Accept & install the application offered. Disconnect from Home properly.

plan D:
Explorer backup. format the unit. Don't use quickformat. Restore the backup.

App 9.056 was never a proper app for the XXL. It should have been on the XL only.

Follow the steps below do downgrade to app 9.053, and Operate my XXL will work.

http://www.tomtom.com/9091

I wonder if the improper app is the reason for all the XXL devices bricking?

Last edited:
"operate my xxl" shows the functionality is not supported

Help. Just got this unit. played with the gps first. Then loaded the HOME upon connecting the unit to the computer.
I cannot get the Operate my xxl to work. I think I backed up my unit with my explorer. Then I deleted the mapsettings.cfg.
On one forum I tried the PlanA then PlanB. on Plan C was deleting some loose folders ... This is going over my head! HELP!

Tap the satellite bars on your unit. The next screen shows the version number of the application installed. Can you report back what it says (such as 9.053).

App 9.056 was never a proper app for the XXL. It should have been on the XL only.

Follow the steps below do downgrade to app 9.053, and Operate my XXL will work.

Navigation device frozen or restarting

I wonder if the improper app is the reason for all the XXL devices bricking?

Same issue here with a recently bought 540TM
if I follow this, TomtomHome is trying to install 8.351 on my unit and it does not even restart. I had to reload from a previous Backup and I am at least back on 9.056 which is mostly functional.
Is there a way to get 9.053 directly via download and install it myself without having to go thru TomtomHome? The integrated update process is not working here

tia, pat

Last edited:

Ask a Question