Walking, Boat and Aircraft functionality.

Mal

TomTom Model(s)
I really thought TomTom would make a good back up for those other applications but the "no route found" gets in the way. Is there a way to navigate direct to a favorite? It seems to go direct to a road from a favorite in water or woods but not the other way.

Makes a good hand held for position and even heading but not for navigation. It seems a method of navigating direct to a point, any point, is stupid simple. I thought setting the walking preference would do it but it doesn't seem to.

Pardon me if this is much discussed but search didn't yield me a concise answer.

There are plenty of options for hand-held GPS. I, like most TomTom owners, prefer to receive driving instructions that keep me ON the road.

On the road?

Yet they give you a walking option for planning as though you always walk on the road....

I assume from your answer that there are no work arounds that you know of.

Interesting

I hadn't even thought of that. That particular one doesn't seem to work on my 130 but thanks a bunch for the idea of a 3rd party app.... My computer skills may or may not be up to it but I suppose with a good back up I am unlikely to do harm....

I hadn't even thought of that. That particular one doesn't seem to work on my 130 but thanks a bunch for the idea of a 3rd party app.... My computer skills may or may not be up to it but I suppose with a good back up I am unlikely to do harm....
You're right about that. You won't be bothering any of the existing software - just adding some goodies to the SDK directory. You don't say what version of firmware your unit has, but be sure you get that added little "patch file" or whatever he calls it if you need it, and you will if your firmware is 8.XXX. Some of the earlier versions in that range of TomTom came with 7.XXX firmware.

Ask a Question