Suntime v1.7

perhaps. I did install suntime and a custom menu at the same time. First I removed the custome menu file hoping to cure the problem and it sill continued. Next I removed suntime and it was cured.

There's a bug in the SDK that produces strange things each time Suntime wakes up, like menu page "automatic" change.

Choose a large period value, let's say 300 seconds for ex., and you'll be less disturbed.

Any idea why when I installed v1.6, I lost 1.2MB instead of 6xx kb?

Also, v 1.3 was only 187kb, how come this is one is so much larger?

Good question Pedro. I was actually thinking that the new version has a user interface now instead of just the text file you need to edit from windows/mac?

Anyone having a problem saving the changes done in the new setup menu with version 1.6?

For example, the GMT Offset is +5.0. I change it to -5.0 and when I tap on save it changes back to +5.0 before the screen exits :confused:

I then went into the config file and it shows 5, so I change it to -5 and save it. I launch Suntime and it seems to work because when I go into the setup menu and it shows -5.0. However when I tap on save it changes it back to +5.0 :confused:

It's like when I tap on save it automatically changes it back to +5.0. Anyone else experience this?

BTW, I did have an older version but I don't know how to uninstall it.

Can someone advise how to start from scratch by completely taking out the suntime application and just install the new version?

uninstalling consists of simply removing the folder and then the cap file(s) from the sdkregistry folder.

The bug for the GMT offset is fixed in v1.6a available for download.

For the extra size of Suntime archive between v1.3 and v1.6a, it's due to the fact that Suntime has now got a user interface, with skins and so on.

For the extra size of Suntime archive between v1.3 and v1.6a, it's due to the fact that Suntime has now got a user interface, with skins and so on.

Hmm, is there any additional functionality over 1.5a? I love the program and have it installed however not sure I can spare the additional memory. I currently only have .10 mb free. Does this new version take any additional running memory or are we just talking free SD space? I can spare the extra space on the card but not in memory. Please advise. Thanks. Again, great program.

Oh perfect, I though it was only me. Thanks for the update.

BTW, love the program.

I also had to experience with the - turning into a +! I had to exit suntime just to be able to see my screen when driving home yesturday

Hmm, is there any additional functionality over 1.5a? I love the program and have it installed however not sure I can spare the additional memory. I currently only have .10 mb free. Does this new version take any additional running memory or are we just talking free SD space? I can spare the extra space on the card but not in memory. Please advise. Thanks. Again, great program.

Under Linux, running out of memory is not possible... You don't have to be afraid of the memory consumption of Suntime. The extra use will only be done when you invoke the menu and then, the memory is released.

Ask a Question