Suntime v1.7

Not working with "One XL"

It seems to be working but when I click the ICON on TT1 the screen looks like a paintshop mishap.

I installed it on my TomTom One XL and it installed OK and seemed to change the display mode OK. But when I clicked on the SunTime icon on the main menu, I also got this scrambled display.

I'd assumed it was simply not supported on this one, but "propus" had the same thing on a ONE 2nd Ed, and the webazar page says it's supported on the OneV2, which I assume is the same thing.

webazar also says that with the v7 version it works on the One XL after a modification in the configuration file. My TomTom App is 7.131. Is that the v7 version that webazar mentions? If so, where would I find information about the configuration file change needed? I've looked through this forum and also the suntime page on webazar without success.

Ta, Dave S

Huge Paintshop mishap here as well. Yep, I got the same thing on my TT1. Thought perhaps I goofed something up, but I went back and tried it again and still no luck. Hope some one smarter than me can give me some direction.

Hi All,

I had a similar problem. I installed suntime twice of my One XL. Both times when I selected the suntime icon, it immediately opened my initial map screen and I got a brief message in the upper right-hand corner that suntime was starting up. Neither time did it present me with the configuration menu nor was a config.txt file created in the suntime directory. And both times after turning off my One XL, when I restarted I got just a scrambled colored screen and my device locked up. I had to reset then reconnect to my computer and remove all suntime files. I've emailed suntime's author about the issue. Hopefully, he can solve the problem because it sounds like it's a good, useful program that others are using successfully.

David

EDITED: I received a response from the program creator. Suntime hasn't been upgraded yet to run on version V7, and he states on his website that it only runs on V6. I missed that although it's right at the top of his web page.

Last edited:
I've got it installed and working on my GO 720.

But you have to modify the config file in note pad. I live in Adelaide, South Australia, so my GMT offset is +9.5.

Here is my config file:

[Begin parameters]
language english.lng
period 60
gmtoffset 9.5
twilight no
verbose normal
[End parameters]

You could copy and paste this into Notepad, change the GMT offset to suit (and any other parameters to suit yourself for that matter), save to disk then copy and paste into the Suntime folder on your TomTom.

Cheers
Wayne

I've got it installed and working on my GO 720.

But you have to modify the config file in note pad. I live in Adelaide, South Australia, so my GMT offset is +9.5.

Here is my config file:

[Begin parameters]
language english.lng
period 60
gmtoffset 9.5
twilight no
verbose normal
[End parameters]

You could copy and paste this into Notepad, change the GMT offset to suit (and any other parameters to suit yourself for that matter), save to disk then copy and paste into the Suntime folder on your TomTom.

Cheers
Wayne

Hi Wayne,

When I saw that a config file hadn't been created when I loaded suntime, I tried creating my own in the suntime folder using Notepad but my One XL locked up. After the 2nd attempt and the 2nd lock up as I described in my other post that's when I emailed Rousillat and got his response.

Glad you were able to get yours to work. I've read other forum members say the One's version is a "lite" version. Maybe that's the problem?

David

So is the there a new suntime version that will work with V7 i installed it like the other guy and the screen was all messed up

Not sure is anyone else had issues, but I tried installing Suntime on my new TT One 3rd edition V7, and I got the scrambled display also, so I removed it. I tried again today, and I manually made the config and cleanup files, and deleted the suntime icon from sdkregistry, and everything works now.

Not sure is anyone else had issues, but I tried installing Suntime on my new TT One 3rd edition V7, and I got the scrambled display also, so I removed it. I tried again today, and I manually made the config and cleanup files, and deleted the suntime icon from sdkregistry, and everything works now.

I tried the same thing with the same device and I still get the scrambled screen.

-Joel

I cannot get Suntime and "Helpme" to work at the same time. I guess as Sparky said, something to do with my version Nav7 on 300. I am still throwing it out there to see if some one has both working at the same time.

I would really like to have suntime.

TTF

I cannot get Suntime and "Helpme" to work at the same time. I guess as Sparky said, something to do with my version Nav7 on 300. I am still throwing it out there to see if some one has both working at the same time.

I would really like to have suntime.

TTF

Suntime just works. It runs in the background.

The scrambled screen problem is not something you can fix... the developer needs to address it. But you don't need what's on the scrambled screen anyhow since it's just the setup/prefs screen. If you setup your parameters manually via file edits and if you installed the cleanup text file to start it up automatically, then just remove the Suntime icon from the menu. Without the Suntime menu button, you'll never see a scrambled screen.

Side-note: Something on my TT One 3rd ED seems to knock out Suntime though. The last two days it completely missed sunset. But after reboot, it's fine again.

suntime Installation help

I'mfollowing the Suntime 1.7 installation instructions for TomTom Home v2.x and I cannot locate a directory called "content". Can someone assist me with updated instructions or a clarification if I'm missing something? I need to install to the newest Tomtom One.

I'mfollowing the Suntime 1.7 installation instructions for TomTom Home v2.x and I cannot locate a directory called "content". Can someone assist me with updated instructions or a clarification if I'm missing something? I need to install to the newest Tomtom One.

In TomTom Home, go to preferences where you'll see four different file paths. It might be under advanced.

Downloads:
Extra Content:
Backups:
Copy to Computer:

I put my raw Suntime files in the path described for "Downloads:"

Then in TT Home, you'll see Suntime as an application you can install.

Let me know if you can't figure it out and I'll give more detail.

I have the latest Suntime installed and setup to start automatically when the TT starts up. I never use the interface screen and always therefore assume Suntime is running in the background.

Sometimes Suntime fails to switch the colors at sunset/sunrise.

I'd love to know how to troubleshoot such a problem.

I have no way to know if they application quit or why.

All I can do is re-start it which takes as many clicks as manually switching colors.

Please, any troubleshooting suggestions would be appreciated. Thank-you.

TT One 3rd Edition - 7.162
Suntime version 1.7

How?

Use Tomtom Home to install it.

How do you use Home to install a 3rd party app?

And I think I've read that, if you use custom menus, you must add a new button to the custom menu for launching the 3rd party app. Is that right?

Thanks,

Steve

I have the latest Suntime installed and setup to start automatically when the TT starts up. I never use the interface screen and always therefore assume Suntime is running in the background.

Sometimes Suntime fails to switch the colors at sunset/sunrise.

I'd love to know how to troubleshoot such a problem.

I have no way to know if they application quit or why.

All I can do is re-start it which takes as many clicks as manually switching colors.

Please, any troubleshooting suggestions would be appreciated. Thank-you.

TT One 3rd Edition - 7.162
Suntime version 1.7

Yes, I'm having the same problem, although I can tell when I first turn my One 3rd Edition on if it loads Suntime (I watch to see if it displays the Starting Suntime message in the top-right corner of the window).

Whenever I don't see that message, I press the RESET button on the bottom, and that fixes things for awhile. But it doesn't seem to last for very long.

Is there any way to improve Suntime's start-up reliability?

I stand corrected....

Yes, I'm having the same problem, although I can tell when I first turn my One 3rd Edition on if it loads Suntime (I watch to see if it displays the Starting Suntime message in the top-right corner of the window).

Whenever I don't see that message, I press the RESET button on the bottom, and that fixes things for awhile. But it doesn't seem to last for very long.

Is there any way to improve Suntime's start-up reliability?

Now it appears that Suntime is running, even if I don't see the Starting Suntime message when I power on the TomTom. I have Suntime's Display configuration set to Normal, so I'm not sure why I'm not seeing the start-up message. But even without the message, Suntime seems to be running.

Ask a Question