Suntime v1.7

Question: with version 1.6 is it still necessary to install the cleanup.txt file for auto-startup function, or is that now part of the setup interface option in 1.6?

You have to go through your sdkregistry file and delete suntime from there and there is also another folder where you have to removes from files.

I have a stupid question. In the directions for installation it states to unzip the downloaded file to the "Content" directory of TTHome. I only have the following folders:
Help
HTML
Resources
Translations

No "Content" folder?

I tried to unzip it to the main TTHome folder with no luck.

I cannot get the program to show up for installation when I run Home...where am I screwing up?

I live in So. Cali and have mine set at -8.
I also have it on start up.
I have mine set at dawn/twilight.

Any other questions, just ask :)

Pedro...Have you had issues with your TomTom constantly bringing up the Awaking Suntime info screen in the upper right hand section of the screen? It doesn't seem to hurt anything but I noticed today driving on a 2 1/2 hour trip that it would bring it up quite often. Is this normal? Does it constantly do this check due to the time value set in the Prefs?

Thanks.

Last edited:
No "Content" folder?
You don't have this directory?
C:\MyDocuments\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\contents
Pedro...Have you had issues with your TomTom constantly bringing up the Awaking Suntime info screen in the upper right hand section of the screen?
Yes I know of this concern. Open the suntime program and make sure 'Display' option says normal. If normal says too much information, you can select 'none'

Will Suntime work for Tripmaster

If Suntime is loaded and running, will it also change over the day and night screens for Tripmaster and Offroad Navigator? The GMT "Auto" changeover in Tripmaster seems to have a mind of its own and I still haven't worked out exactly what times of the day it triggers a change of screens.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

regards Kilroy

If Suntime is loaded and running, will it also change over the day and night screens for Tripmaster and Offroad Navigator? The GMT "Auto" changeover in Tripmaster seems to have a mind of its own and I still haven't worked out exactly what times of the day it triggers a change of screens.

Suntime only acts on the Tomtom navigation night or day color scheme, which combine colors and brightness.

Of course, if the brightness is set to a low value, it will interact on Tripmaster and any other plugins display.

The plugins colors or screens are only defined by the color option of the plugin setup.

It means that you may have a Tomtom set to night display, when Tripmaster is running in day color scheme.

You don't have this directory?
C:\MyDocuments\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\contents

I don't have the "contents" part of that, only "C:...\Downloads". I put it in there and TTHome found it and installed it just fine. I configured everything according to what others have said in this thread. Have to wait until tonight to see how it's working:)

Thanks much to Roussillat! This is a very needed app.

Install Suntime v 1.6a w/ TT Home 2.0

I'm having trouble installing Suntime using TT Home 2.0. I have unzipped the file in C:\MyDocuments\TomTom\HOME\Downloads. Then I powered the TT1, Home 2.0 started & searched (the TT web site) for updates & found nothing. I found no ability to download the files from my PC. Is there something different with Home 2.0? I even tried to copy the files to the TT1 & it still didn't work. Any advice?

Well, with much searching & fooling around with Home 2.0 I was able to install SUNTIME & the cleanup txt. It seems to be working but when I click the ICON on TT1 the screen looks like a paintshop mishap. I edited the config.txt but this didn't help. It appears to start on power-up 'cause I get the STARTING SUNTIME... notice & on the garbled set-up menu I can make out back & forth arrows at the bottom. When I tap one the screen reverts to the route map. How can I get a clear set-up menu?

Ask a Question