Suntime v1.7

Need help installing Suntime v1.6 on TTOne

Can someone help me install suntime onto my TTOne? I am having difficulties understanding directions from the direct website download.

1. I have TTOne
2. I downloaded and installed Suntime v1.6 onto TTOne from TomTomHome.
3. What is the best configuration for me?
a) I live in Northern California
b) Should I have it on automatic startup?
c) What should my GMT and Offset be?
d) Sunrise/Sunset or Dawn/twilight?

4. Basically, what is the best configuration and how to install.

Thank You!

Can someone help me install suntime onto my TTOne? I am having difficulties understanding directions from the direct website download.

1. I have TTOne
2. I downloaded and installed Suntime v1.6 onto TTOne from TomTomHome.
3. What is the best configuration for me?
a) I live in Northern California
b) Should I have it on automatic startup?
c) What should my GMT and Offset be?
d) Sunrise/Sunset or Dawn/twilight?

4. Basically, what is the best configuration and how to install.

Thank You!
umm... you should be -7GMT (b/c of daylight savings.. otherwise it's -8)

it's up to you when you want it to change the modes (sunrise/sunset or dawn/twilight).

And I'd just leave it for auto startup

I live in So. Cali and have mine set at -8.
I also have it on start up.
I have mine set at dawn/twilight.

Any other questions, just ask :)

im still having problems with my TTOne

installing this software...I'm sorry to ask, but can someone explain it, I read the directions, I do not have a content folder in my TomTom Home folder, and I unzipped the files into the main TT Home folder. When I started up TT Home, I see nothing to install.

I read about Linux, I need to have Linux running on my computer to get this to work?

Sorry for my ignorance, Im still rather new to all this.

installing this software...I'm sorry to ask, but can someone explain it, I read the directions, I do not have a content folder in my TomTom Home folder, and I unzipped the files into the main TT Home folder. When I started up TT Home, I see nothing to install.

I read about Linux, I need to have Linux running on my computer to get this to work?

Sorry for my ignorance, Im still rather new to all this.

The content directory you're refering to is actually on your hard drive and not on your SD card. To find where your content directory is do this:

1. Open the TomTom HOME application

2. Go to FILE>PREFERENCES

3. The preferences dialogue box will pop up. Click on the advanded tab and you should see where you content directory folder is located. Usually it's located in the 'My Documents' folder.

4. Browse to that directory and unzip the suntime app in that directory. When you do that, 2 files should appear a .cab and a .toc.

5. Now you need to refresh the TomTom HOME app so suntime appears as one of the options to install on your TT1. I suggest opening virtual TomTom and shut it down, then click on Install to TomTom. You should now see suntime as an option to install.

Hope that helps.

I installed the Suntime program without a problem, but have a question about the Notepad file needed for auto-startup. I'm not that familar with Lunix, and am wondering if the correct command is "daemon[suntime/suntime]. The authors Web page in not clear if these are brackets or some other character. Thanks.

I installed the Suntime program without a problem, but have a question about the Notepad file needed for auto-startup. I'm not that familar with Lunix, and am wondering if the correct command is "daemon[suntime/suntime]. The authors Web page in not clear if these are brackets or some other character. Thanks.

You use | otherwise known as a pipe. so just copy exactly what it shows on the site daemon|suntime/suntime|

You press the keys <shift>+<\> to get the pipe.

Installed SunTime 1.6a...I configured the app (GMT -7.0), but I'm not sure what the period refers to, so I left the default value of 0, but when I save and exit the settings section, I get a continual flashing text warning in the upper right hand corner that read: "awaking suntime...". In an attempt to diable suntime by accessing the menu icon, it screwed up the menu page as I could't get past page 1 of 4 to access the SunTime icon to change the period setting. :mad: I rebooted the TT1, but had the auto-start function installed (via cleanup.txt file in root), which just brought me back into a loop with the "awaking suntime..." issue detailed above, and disabled menu access.:eek:

To solve, I connected to PC and deleted the suntime directory, on TT1. I re-installed suntime and changed the period to 60, as per the screencapture from suntime download site. :D

Seems to work, when I changed it to 60...but what does the period refer to? :confused:

Is this the period or time interval which suntime checks to see if it needs to change the color? :confused:

Any ideas,a manual isn't available to provide more info. :cool:

Installed SunTime 1.6a...I configured the app (GMT -7.0), but I'm not sure what the period refers to, so I left the default value of 0, but when I save and exit the settings section, I get a continual flashing text warning in the upper right hand corner that read: "awaking suntime...". In an attempt to diable suntime by accessing the menu icon, it screwed up the menu page as I could't get past page 1 of 4 to access the SunTime icon to change the period setting. :mad: I rebooted the TT1, but had the auto-start function installed (via cleanup.txt file in root), which just brought me back into a loop with the "awaking suntime..." issue detailed above, and disabled menu access.:eek:

To solve, I connected to PC and deleted the suntime directory, on TT1. I re-installed suntime and changed the period to 60, as per the screencapture from suntime download site. :D

Seems to work, when I changed it to 60...but what does the period refer to? :confused:

Is this the period or time interval which suntime checks to see if it needs to change the color? :confused:

Any ideas,a manual isn't available to provide more info. :cool:

Yes, the period defines the interval to perform the colour change. The site actually gives you that info:

Period parameter defines the time interval between 2 color change tests. The lower value you choose, the more you'll be disturbed by a Tomtom bug that will cancel any input in Tomtom navigation application, when Suntime wakes up.

The programmer is a member here and said to put a value of 300 as he/she suggests below:

There's a bug in the SDK that produces strange things each time Suntime wakes up, like menu page "automatic" change.

Choose a large period value, let's say 300 seconds for ex., and you'll be less disturbed.

nah no worries.
60 seconds also works.
You don't have to set it at 300.

Yes thats true, as long as the interval is somewhat high.

I also experienced what you did PRAXXUS, by setting it to 0. Luckly, I was actually able to get to the Suntime program by tapping the arrow button 3 times (the Suntime program is on the 4th page of my main menu) fast enough to change the settings.

Ask a Question