Suntime on a One V4/LE/New Edition/...

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 'New Edition'
Birdman has posted links to web pages on his site, and one of those links takes you to a program called Suntime. I'm still very new at using my TT, but did find that in the early morning, daytime brightness is way too bright for me. After I become more familiar with all of this, I may find it a little less demanding to change the day/night brightness, but for now I thought I'd try out Suntime.

Has anyone used this on a One V4/LE? The description on the Suntime home page is a little confusing concerning Version 6 or 7 of this and that.

Is it worth putting on?

Glad Birdman is around all the time, because I can't express my appreciation enough.

Steve

I just tried the recent version and, while I've had no trouble with the other programs on this site creating a config.txt file, suntime isn't creating one for me.

Therefore, I created a config.txt file in the /suntime folder myself with the information he showed for an example on that page:
[Begin parameters]
language english.lng
period 60
gmtoffset -5
twilight yes
verbose normal
screenadaptation rider2
[End parameters]

Works good now.

To install, be sure to follow my instructions in Q13 on my FAQ page >>>HERE<<<

If you still have issues with the garbage screen, you may need to convert the confix.txt file into the Linux format. Follow my instructions in Q11 on my FAQ page >>>HERE<<<

----------------------
ALSO....if you want it to automatically start with the TomTom turn on, follow these instructions:
* For an automatic launch of Suntime at Tomtom start-up, create with Notepad or Wordpad a file called cleanup.txt in the root directory of your Tomtom.
* Put the following line in this file : daemon|suntime/suntime|
* If this file already exists for an another plugin, add the above line at the end of this file.
* Setup the value of the GMT offset and change time by updating the /suntime/config.txt file as described above.
* Re-start your Tomtom, a blinking message Starting Suntime... will be displayed for a few seconds at the end of start-up, if you've chosen a message level different from none.

Last edited:
I installed Suntime on my LE but I first installed the MenuTT & installed Suntime in that menu. I got no messed up screens & it is working great. I did have to make 2 cleanup.txt files. One while in each Menu but it is working great so far.
Thanks Birdman, your page helped.

Ask a Question