Suntime v1.7

I can't confirm this, but I think Suntime might run more reliably if it's SDK application #1. I originally had it as app #2, and it seemed to have more problems in that position. When I made it #1, the reliability seemed to improve.

I haven't done enough testing to confirm this, but it seemed to behave that way....

i installed this yesterday and after following the instructions on modding the config file all is well.

I can't seem to find the config.txt file referenced in the instructions. I also cant get to that config screen - I click the icon once & it says starting suntime, then go back & hit it again & get the garbled screen (which i think is supposed to be the config options)

is the config.txt generic - can someone post it so I can put it in the folder?

thanks!

Suntime 1.7 Difficulty

Trying to install Suntime 1.7 and this OM having a rough go getting it to run on my XL-S.
When icon pressed the menu for configuration does not appear and if pressed again, the screen gets garbaged.
SD card does not have a config.txt file.
Anyone provide easy to follow directions for this Old Dummy.:confused:

Trying to install Suntime 1.7 and this OM having a rough go getting it to run on my XL-S.
When icon pressed the menu for configuration does not appear and if pressed again, the screen gets garbaged.
SD card does not have a config.txt file.
Anyone provide easy to follow directions for this Old Dummy.:confused:

just got it working - create a config.txt file in the suntime folder on the sd card

in the txt file put:

[Begin parameters]
language english.lng
period 60
gmtoffset 1
twilight yes
verbose normal
screenadaptation rider2
[End parameters]

change the gmtoffset to match your current time zone. it should work ok after that.

Suntime messes up my menus

After installing Suntime on my XL-S, I've lost my "Help Me!" menu item and I have 2 "Guided Tour" menu items. "TomTom Traffic" has moved to the first menu page.
Anyone else have that happen and is there a fix?
UPDATE:
Suntime creates a folder called sdkregistry with 2 suntime files in it, suntime.cap and suntime.bmp. I've removed those files and Suntime works and the menus are back to normal but the Suntime menu is not available (you can remove the entire sdkregistry folder if nothing else is in there). You can then set the parameters in the config.txt file located in the suntime folder.

Last edited:
Your "Update" is appreciated. Few other newbie's had the same problem.
Will "Cleanup.txt" have to be installed for Suntime startup?
Nice software--makes the TT similiar to my old Garmin Colormap.

Hope a solution for the Help Me and Guided Tours might be corrected in the software.

Last edited:
Suntime and Go920

I have installed Suntime on my 920 since the light sensor was making me a little crazy, thinking that unless there was bright sunshine it was night.
Does Suntime work with the 920? Is there anything I need to do to disable the light sensor but still have Suntime work?
When I installed the config. file did not exist, but thanks to the posts here I created a new one.
Is there anything else I need to do?
Thanks,
Andy

Ask a Question