Suntime v1.7

When you set the time you can press snyc to get the clock from the GPS position or something like that. You post this info on the 2nd page from the manual.

Does this mean that even though a GPS knows what timezone it is in, the suntime program is hardcoded to a particular timezone? Meaning if I traveled across the county from GMT -0500 to GMT -0800 the program would change my day/night settings 3 hours sooner than expected?

Yes, the Tomtom application knows which TZ you're in, but only when you've made the sync action. It calculates the TZ from the difference between the time you set and the UTC time it gets from the satellites.

So, as Suntime, if you don't resync it when changing from TZ, Tomtom application's hour will be false, as suntime change hour.

Unfortunately, Tomtom SDK doesn't provide any solution to get the current TZ of Tomtom application...

great thanks!

how do you start/stop Suntime manually? Is it an icon?

Edit: Whoa, it's 3.5x the size of v1.3!

Last edited:
great thanks!
how do you start/stop Suntime manually? Is it an icon?
Edit: Whoa, it's 3.5x the size of v1.3!

You'll get an icon at the end of your main menu.

Don't worry about the size, the binary remains quite the same size. There's just one more directory in the .cab archive : /skin
You can remove it if you don't use any other of my plugins.

How do I remove it? I just want Suntime because I don't use any of your plugins and I'm a tad short on space (I'm using a ONE).

I would assum to remove the folder /suntime. Also in the /sdkregistry directory, remove all the files beginning by sun or suntime. If you have anymore plugins installed, remove also the /skin directory.

How do I remove it? I just want Suntime because I don't use any of your plugins and I'm a tad short on space (I'm using a ONE).

Remove the /skin directory and its content, suntime will work anyway.

If you don't want to stop/start manually suntime, you may also remove suntime.bmp and suntime.cap files in /sdkregistry directory.

do you have to manually turn on the suntime each time you start TT one?
I am not sure if the application stays on each time the unit reloads..
Can someone clarify this for me?
Thanks ahead of time.

If you've added the cleanup.txt file, suntime is launched at each reboot of your Tomtom. Then, when you suspend/resume it (by switching it off and on), Suntime is still running.

But, if you stop it before switching off your Tomtom, it won't be re-launched when you'll switch it on.

Ps: reboot is when you see the two red hands and hear the drums...

Thanks roussillat!
When I went to your site, I was just eager to download v1.5 without reading the FULL page... didn't catch the bottom written statement about the .txt file.
I added it, works wonderfully.
Thanks again

I just installed 1.5a on my ONE and I noticed my menu screen no matter what page I had it on, it would reset/jump to the 1st page.
I removed suntime and it went away.
Anybody else experience this or I might have something placed incorreclty there.

I just installed 1.5a on my ONE and I noticed my menu screen no matter what page I had it on, it would reset/jump to the 1st page.
I removed suntime and it went away.
Anybody else experience this or I might have something placed incorreclty there.

I have the most recent version installed, but haven't experienced anything like that. I'll go play with it more though...

Would it have anything to do with customized menus?

perhaps. I did install suntime and a custom menu at the same time. First I removed the custome menu file hoping to cure the problem and it sill continued. Next I removed suntime and it was cured.

Ask a Question