No Maps Available error on TomTom Go 500

Somehow the translation doesn't work.
New trial.

I think you should first clarify exactly which device is involved.
The TE writes that it is an old device.
The beginning of the serial number with QT indicates that it is an older device,
which is listed as "EOL" at TomTom.
The first TT GO510 was launched in 2006. The newer ones much later, these are managed with MyDrive Connect.
These older devices are very well managed with TT Home and do not appear as network adapters,
but are managed via the Windows file manager (can also be formatted).
The TE should take a clear position on his device here.

I am going to attach a zip of a program called USBDeview. It is a standalone program, not requiring an installer,
Run this program and you will see all USB devices connected to your PC.

You should see a new entry appear in USBDeview. Under the "Device Name" column, look for "TomTom GO 510", and a "VendorID" of 1390 in that column. If you do see this, than we know that Windows is at least correctly seeing and identifying your GO510 as a USB device.
@canderson I ran the program (was plugged in when started) and instead of Device Name the column Serial Number is displayed and shows the one of my GO 620 while VendorID shows 1390.

Great program, thanks, it shows any USB item ever connected even though not actively now.

(This program could be used as an alternative for persons to find their model of MDC connected devices.)

Somehow the translation doesn't work.
New trial.

I think you should first clarify exactly which device is involved.
The TE writes that it is an old device.
The beginning of the serial number with QT indicates that it is an older device,
which is listed as "EOL" at TomTom.
The first TT GO510 was launched in 2006. The newer ones much later, these are managed with MyDrive Connect.
These older devices are very well managed with TT Home and do not appear as network adapters,
but are managed via the Windows file manager (can also be formatted).
The TE should take a clear position on his device here.
The OP has already clarified that his device serial number starts with the letters QT. While not the newest of models, it is NOT the old GO 510 whose serial number starts with V5. The old model we call a Nav2, and uses Home. The newer 510 is many years more recent, starts with QT, and is a Nav4, uses MyDrive Connect, and is NOT on the list of EOL devices.

Arno - "TE" = "OP"

@canderson I ran the program (was plugged in when started) and instead of Device Name the column Serial Number is displayed and shows the one of my GO 620 while VendorID shows 1390.

Great program, thanks, it shows any USB item ever connected even though not actively now.

(This program could be used as an alternative for persons to find their model of MDC connected devices.)
It works for Home devices, and anything else USB as well! It's a nice program, and I've suggested it here before when we weren't sure if the device was even being recognized by Windows. It's a good first step in this kind of troubleshooting.

You can control whether it shows every connected device (it searches the Windows registry for this) or only shows currently connected devices. You select this at top of the list in "Options" where you can click the "Display Disconnected Devices". I usually leave that box unchecked since I am usually only interested in what is (or isn't!) making connection with Windows.

Will be interesting to see what @suresh comes up with in the way of results from this program.
It's rare that a TomTom device is so bricked that the boot code can't make contact with Windows over the USB protocol, but ...

The OP has already clarified that his device serial number starts with the letters QT. While not the newest of models, it is NOT the old GO 510 whose serial number starts with V5. The old model we call a Nav2, and uses Home. The newer 510 is many years more recent, starts with QT, and is a Nav4, uses MyDrive Connect, and is NOT on the list of EOL devices.

Arno - "TE" = "OP"
Sorry, I equated the note "will no longer be repaired" from TT on the GO510 with "QT" with "EOL".

As an aside, here is the current "EOL" list, though I can tell you that it isn't accurate in one sense .. They say on their official page that map updates will no longer be offered, but TomTom has been honoring their "Lifetime Maps" even older models. I just recently received map 1100 for my old GO 740 Live which was a "TM" (traffic and maps) model.

NAV2

GO 750 (LIVE) (W4/W7/W8)
XL 30 Series (RB/RC/RH/RI/RM/RN/RO/RV)
XXL IQ Routes/Classic (RY/RW/RX/GL/GQ)
ONE 30 Series (PA/PB/PC/PE/PF/PH/PI/PK/PN/PP/PL/PO/PQ/PV)
Start (XA/XB/XC/XD)
Start/Start Classic (XN/XM/XF/XH)
XL IQ Routes (GG/GH/GI/GJ/GP)
GO 700 (M5)
GO 630 (JB)
GO 720 (M6/M9)
GO 730 (J3/J4)
GO 740 LIVE (WR/WL)
ONE IQ Routes (P1/PS/P2/PU)
XL IQ Routes (RU/RS)
XL IQ Routes LIVE (R1/R2)
ONE XL (L1/L2/L3/L4/L7/L9)
ONE XL HD Traffic Europe (F3)
ONE 1st Edition (G1/G2)
ONE 2nd Edition (E1/E2/Z1/Z2/Z3)
ONE 3rd Edition (Y1/Y2/Y3/Y4/Y5/Y7/Y8)
GO (B1)
GO 300 (M1)
GO 500 (2005) (M3)
GO 510 (V5)
GO 520 (M2/M4)
GO 530 (J1/J2)
GO 540 LIVE (WT)
GO 550 LIVE (W3)
GO 710 (V5)
GO 730 (J5)
GO 930 (J6)
GO 7000 (LF)
GO 9000 (LG)
GO 920 (M8)
XXL 540 WTE SERIES (RZ)
GO 910 (V7)
XL v4 (GV)
XXL CLASSIC SERIES (GX)
START 40/45 (GY)
GO 950 (W1)
GO 750 (W2)
GO 950 (W5)
GO 750 (W6)
GO 940 (WB)
START (XO)
START 50/55 (GZ)

NAV3

GO 1000 (LIVE) (TD/TB)
GO 1005 (LIVE) (SF/SB)
VIA 110(AG)/130/135(AV/AQ)
VIA 120 (LIVE) (AN/AU/FM)
GO LIVE 1050 / GO LIVE 2050 (SB)
GO LIVE 820 (FA)
GO LIVE 825 (FB)
GO 820 (FT)
GO 825 (FY)
Start 20(AO)/25(BK)
Start 60(WM)
VIA 110 (AH)
VIA 120 (AI)
VIA 220 (AR)
VIA 125 (BG)
VIA 125 (BH)
VIA 125 (BM)
VIA 125 (FP)
GO 1005 (SE)
GO 1005 (SI)
GO 1005 (SJ)
GO 2535 (SL)
GO 2535 (SM)
GO 2535 (SN)
GO 1005 (SP)
GO 1005 (SQ)
GO 1005 (SR)

As an aside, here is the current "EOL" list, though I can tell you that it isn't accurate in one sense .. They say on their official page that map updates will no longer be offered, but TomTom has been honoring their "Lifetime Maps" even older models. I just recently received map 1100 for my old GO 740 Live which was a "TM" (traffic and maps) model.
Normally the Tomtom GO 740 • TM LIVE has lifetime traffic and lifetime maps.

Normally the Tomtom GO 740 • TM LIVE has lifetime traffic and lifetime maps.
That is correct. All of the "M" versions are still getting map updates quarterly. One needs to read the caveat on the TT page carefully, and understand what is meant by "You will not be able to renew maps or services". A lifetime map device doesn't require 'renewal', but I'm not sure everyone would understand that.

For affected devices (see the full list of affected devices),

• You will not be able to renew maps or services.
  • If you have an active subscription to map updates or TomTom Services, you will continue receiving those until the subscription runs out.
  • You will not receive new software updates.
  • Your device will continue to function as it does now, but your map will become out-of-date and as such navigation will be less accurate.

Ich denke man sollte vorher genau klären um welches Gerät es sich handelt.
Die TE schreibt, dass es sich um ein altes Gerät handelt.
Der Beginn der Seriennummer mit QT weist darauf hin, dass es sich um ein älteres Gerät handelt,
die bei TomTom als "EOL" gelistet ist.
Der erste TT GO510 wurde 2006 auf den Markt gebracht. Die neueren viel später, diese werden mit MyDrive Connect verwaltet.
Diese älteren Geräte werden sehr gut mit TT Home verwaltet und erscheinen nicht als Netzwerkadapter,
werden aber über den Windows-Dateimanager verwaltet (können auch formatiert werden).
Der TE sollte hier zu seinem Gerät klar Stellung beziehen.
Hi,
Entschuldigung, ich benutze Google Übersetzer
Das Gerät ist aus dem Jahr 2016-17 und war zuvor mit My Drive Connect verbunden
Aber als ich das Gerät auf die Werkseinstellungen zurückgesetzt habe, wird es nicht mit meinem Windows verbunden
10/11 Laptop.
Wenn Sie sagen, dass wir im Windows-Dateimanager sehen können, teilen Sie mir den Pfad mit, den ich dort auch überprüfen werde.
aber derzeit ist der Status, dass das Gerät von meinem Computer nicht erkannt wird

Hi

If your GPS does not connect to your computer in the file manager, the GPS will not be visible.

Could it be the GPS side socket that has a problem?

Ich war mir nicht sicher, welches Gerät du hast. Aber das ist inzwischen geklärt.
Sie haben ein GO510 mit ''''Seriennummer QT ... es ist also ein neueres, das mit MyDrive Connect verwaltet wird.
Mit dem Windows-Dateimanager kannst du nichts anfangen.
Wenn das Gerät verbunden ist, muss der Windows-Geräte-Manager unter Netzwerkadapter enthalten: „Remote NDIS Compatible Device“.

Attachments

• Navi.jpg
    Navi.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 10
First, forget Home. It has no value with a modern day TomTom device, and only confuses the issue. Stick with the MyDrive Connect app.

Let us see if your computer sees your device at ALL! I am going to attach a zip of a program called USBDeview. It is a standalone program, not requiring an installer, and can therefore be placed along with its associated files and run from anywhere on your PC. I'd unzip the files into a folder of their own and run USBDeview from there.

Run this program and you will see all USB devices connected to your PC. Connect your device and power it on.

You should see a new entry appear in USBDeview. Under the "Device Name" column, look for "TomTom GO 510", and a "VendorID" of 1390 in that column. If you do see this, than we know that Windows is at least correctly seeing and identifying your GO510 as a USB device.
Hi,
I used the program but unfortunately the device name or ID did not get identified.

I wasn't sure what device you have. But that has since been resolved.
You have a GO510 with ''''serial number QT... so it's a newer one managed with MyDrive Connect.
You can't do anything with the Windows file manager.
When the device is connected, the Windows device manager under network adapters must contain: "Remote NDIS Compatible Device".
Yes but RNDIS is not getting identified currently on win 10-11 pc

Hi,
Entschuldigung, ich benutze Google Übersetzer
Das Gerät ist aus dem Jahr 2016-17 und war zuvor mit My Drive Connect verbunden
Aber als ich das Gerät auf die Werkseinstellungen zurückgesetzt habe, wird es nicht mit meinem Windows verbunden
10/11 Laptop.
Wenn Sie sagen, dass wir im Windows-Dateimanager sehen können, teilen Sie mir den Pfad mit, den ich dort auch überprüfen werde.
aber derzeit ist der Status, dass das Gerät von meinem Computer nicht erkannt wird
No, you CANNOT see these newer devices in File Manager. That has not been possible for many years.

You said "I used the program but unfortunately the device name or ID did not get identified."

So no new device appears in the list when you plug in your GO 510? That is bad. That means that your computer cannot see your 510 at all, so there is no hope that MyDrive Connect can see it.

I would recommend first that you try another cable, and perhaps even another USB port on your PC to see if you can get the USBDeview program to see your device. Only until that is possible can we talk about MyDrive Connect.

No, you CANNOT see these newer devices in File Manager. That has not been possible for many years.

You said "I used the program but unfortunately the device name or ID did not get identified."

So no new device appears in the list when you plug in your GO 510? That is bad. That means that your computer cannot see your 510 at all, so there is no hope that MyDrive Connect can see it.

I would recommend first that you try another cable, and perhaps even another USB port on your PC to see if you can get the USBDeview program to see your device. Only until that is possible can we talk about MyDrive Connect.
Hi,
When I start to run usbdeview the screen goes extremely left side I am unable to see anything on that screen. So I have to click on part which is slightly visible and use cntrl A to select and copy to notepad in order to read what is mentioned in it.
I think there is a bug in that.

@suresh Please note this is part of a screen print of the USBDeview with part of the serial number blurred.
The full width of the line is 3.3 times longer.

Attachments

• Screen 22-12-29 at 06.23.JPG
    Screen 22-12-29 at 06.23.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 8
Ich war mir nicht sicher, welches Gerät du hast. Aber das ist inzwischen geklärt.
Sie haben ein GO510 mit ''''Seriennummer QT ... es ist also ein neueres, das mit MyDrive Connect verwaltet wird.
Mit dem Windows-Dateimanager kannst du nichts anfangen.
Wenn das Gerät verbunden ist, muss der Windows-Geräte-Manager unter Netzwerkadapter enthalten: „Remote NDIS Compatible Device“.

Hallo, ja, aber wenn ich eine Verbindung herstelle, erhalte ich kein RNDIS

1672370105135.png

Hi,
When I start to run usbdeview the screen goes extremely left side I am unable to see anything on that screen. So I have to click on part which is slightly visible and use cntrl A to select and copy to notepad in order to read what is mentioned in it.
I think there is a bug in that.
Hi, I Pulled out details but nowhere i could identify TomTom. I even tried a different laptop but the device is not identified anywhere.

Attachments

• USB DEVICE LIST.pdf
    211 KB · Views: 8

Ask a Question