$99 Lifetime Maps Still Available for Some Models.

I still see the $99 deal on that link. I believe what they're saying is what they were saying before -- they're making LM available for $99 for those units that were available as LM units out of the box. In other words, if you could have bought your unit as a M or TM model, they're still offering the option to upgrade it to LM for $99. I thought that this was how the models had been decided by that method from the beginning of the program.

I did not follow that. From my own devices I underdstand that M models come with lifetime maps and T models come with lifetime traffic. What is this LM feature and how does it add something to an already M model?

I did not follow that. From my own devices I underdstand that M models come with lifetime maps and T models come with lifetime traffic. What is this LM feature and how does it add something to an already M model?
Sorry. Delete all instances of LM and read instead, "Lifetime Maps". Does that clarify things?

If you bought a unit that COULD have come as an M or TM model (either would have included Lifetime Maps), then for $99 you can give it lifetime maps.

Conversely, if you bought a unit that did NOT come in either an M or TM model, you will not be offered a $99 deal to do so.

But it appears to me there is no such $99 offer and won't ever be one. Or did you find it somewhere? Until now that page has long shown a promise that such an upgrade for $99 was "coming soon", but that promise has now been deleted and been replaced by a link pointing to those devices that arrive already bundled with Lifetime maps. The $99 graphic is now meaningless.

Amazon continues to be the only vendor I've found that that sells the lifetime map buyin. (see here) It only works with model ranges that have a lifetime edition for sale.

At least Tomtom got rid of the "coming soon" language, it said that for many months after this lifetime map was already sold.

Thanks for that Amazon link which is exactly what TomTom had long been claiming was coming soon, but has just now stopped doing. Why couldn't TomTom simply point people that way? Anyway that offer makes the subject of this thread incorrect. Maybe a moderator can figure how to prevent my subject from misleading people.

How about "$99 Lifetime Maps Still Available for Some Models"? Listing them all would make for an ugly title.

Ask a Question