No Application from TomTom Home (XXL Classic)

TomTom Model(s)
XXL Classic
Hi Guys!

I have a backup (done via copy&paste, not TT home) of the contents of my Tomtom, that worked, but they don't work anymore.

I formatted my Tomtom and now Tomtom home doesn't offer me an application anymore.
It offers the latest maps I had, and voices, but no application.

Serial Number's first 2 letters are GX.

Where could I possibly get a working navcore?

Also, if i manually restore the contents, I get a red cross.

Greetings,
Vocah

One of the TTF moderators should be able to help with much more detail, but in the meantime you could start HERE

GX? GX??? Yes, according to the TomTom site, this is an XXL Classic/XXL IQ Routes
That's the 2nd time this month I've been hit with a model I've never heard of before, both times "Classic" versions -- one XL, and now one XXL. These things are coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden.
Looking through the old code versions, I can't say for certain what belongs to a GX unit.
Even my magic decoder ring isn't helping (sigh).

XXL Classic TTS = GQ
XXL IQRoutes (ala 530) = RW
XXL IQRoutes (ala 540) = RZ

Nowhere do I see the terms used together, nor the "GX" prefix.

To the OP. I would like you to look into the backup you have and find a couple of things for me. Let's at least figure out which build was on your unit, then we'll have a better idea of where we're going here.
In your backup, look in the root file for the unit for the file ttgo.bif. Open it with your favorite word processor or simple text editor. Let us know what you find for the following entries:

DeviceName= ?
DeviceVersionHW= ?
ApplicationVersionNumber= ?
ApplicationVersion= ?

DeviceName= ?
DeviceVersionHW= ?
ApplicationVersionNumber= ?
ApplicationVersion= ?

ttgo.bif nowhere to be found.
In a folder tomtom-cfg i found an .nfo file which contained (among others) the following rows:
Application version = 9.465
Application build = 1074274.2-2025
Linux kernel = 842337
Bootloader version = 5.5282

also the file bootloaderversion.txt had these lines:

BootloaderTarget=s3c24xx
Bootloaderversion=5.5282

Greetings,
V

Curious - what folder was the .nfo file in? The root of the unit?
In any case, that appears to be all we're looking for at present.
At least we know that it was running 9.465 (2025) level code. I had thought that by the time TomTom was done, any unit being provided that level of code was taken (in the end) to version 9.510 (2039) code.

Guess the last thing we need to know before we go on the merry search is whether your device has always been TTS (pronounces street names).

The .nfo was in root/tomtom-cfg/
Also, the TTS question is going to be a tricky one to answer - my language (Estonian) doesn't support it.
The device (as far as I know) came with Central + Eastern European maps. It has 4GB internal memory.

Also, the strange part is that IF my memory is not mistaken - it was running 9.510 navcore and 925 maps.
But it might be my brain playing tricks on me after going through vast amounts of info about XXLs and navcores.

What now? :)

Greetings,
V

Curious - what folder was the .nfo file in? The root of the unit?
In any case, that appears to be all we're looking for at present.
At least we know that it was running 9.465 (2025) level code. I had thought that by the time TomTom was done, any unit being provided that level of code was taken (in the end) to version 9.510 (2039) code.

Guess the last thing we need to know before we go on the merry search is whether your device has always been TTS (pronounces street names).
I managed to solve my problem, here's the solution:

Following Canderson's tip, I found a working navcore for my device:
http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/9.465.2-2025.CAB-navcore-LE.cab

cheers :)

I wouldn't have guessed that LE version for your unit (the names are sometimes obscure) but I'm very glad that you found one that worked!

Ask a Question