New Info about Upcoming MyTomTom Features

Yes, Tomtom already announced this would be a staggered release.

I'm getting a bit annoyed that TT is using Facebook as their vehicle to announce the latest news on these updates. 50% of Americans have a Facebook account, I'm one of the half that doesn't due to privacy reasons.

It's a shame that Tomtom can't at least provide the same level of updates somewhere on their website so that 100% of customers can remain informed.

I don't think POIEdit saves the POI file in the exact file format required by the TomTom, it might work on older units but the newer devices will need ov2 files created with the exact format of slipper records etc.
POIConverter from Richard Davies web site Here as that uses the correct file format - Mike

MVL wrote: I'm getting a bit annoyed that TT is using Facebook as their vehicle to announce the latest news on these updates. 50% of Americans have a Facebook account, I'm one of the half that doesn't due to privacy reasons.

It's a shame that Tomtom can't at least provide the same level of updates somewhere on their website so that 100% of customers can remain informed.

Here here! I'm with you. I'm not a member of Facebook either due to privacy issues. Took me months to get them from stop sending emails to join.

I have a GO 2405 and received a notice on 2/14/11 of the new update to the unit's application software (App 10.110). Installed it on 2/15/11 and noticed a shorter startup and shutdown time on the unit itself. But so far I haven't been able to get the POI screen to show up on MyTomtom where I can load custom POI files or backup the Favorites from the unit to my computer. Am I doing something wrong or has Tomtom not enabled this feature on the MyTomtom side for my specific model yet?

I wanted to add to the summary below that it appears that Tomtom is rolling this out model-by-model. The European GO LIVE 1000 is the only model so far where owners have confirmed getting the update. I have not seen any users confirm that the GO LIVE 1005, nor any North America models, have received the update yet.

Try clearing the cache and see if that helps. Also, you DO need the unit connected to see the line item for sharing (poor choice of words) in the MyTomTom menu list.

Try clearing the cache and see if that helps. Also, you DO need the unit connected to see the line item for sharing (poor choice of words) in the MyTomTom menu list.

I had the unit connected when trying to look for the POI menu on MyTomtom. I'll try clearing out the cache tonight and let you guys know :).

On a side note: Anyone know when the MyTomtom software will allow a user to add custom startup and shutdown screens to the unit? I know its a very small feature compared to all of the other ones Tomtom need to get working, but I liked that option on my 130S (though it was done through the file system itself).

I wouldn't expect that to be coming soon. Probably sometime in 2011, though. Along with voices.

I don't think POIEdit saves the POI file in the exact file format required by the TomTom, it might work on older units but the newer devices will need ov2 files created with the exact format of slipper records etc.
POIConverter from Richard Davies web site Here as that uses the correct file format - Mike

I've not had any problems so far with files created in POIEdit. I've added several to the Go1000.

Any more info you can give of ways to make it fall over, or examples that can be downloaded?

Clearing the cache worked :). Right after I did so the MyTomTom software in the taskbar reconnected to the internet and added a blue "Add shared POI" icon under the green MyTomTom icon. Backing up my favorites was easy and surprisingly the file itself is less than 1 KB in size even with the 20+ favorites I currently have. Keep it up TomTom! :)

Meh, such a simple feature shouldn't be taking this long to add. Then again it should have been there from the beginning :p.

I wouldn't expect that to be coming soon. Probably sometime in 2011, though. Along with voices.

I have a GO 2405 and received a notice on 2/14/11 of the new update to the unit's application software (App 10.110).

Thanks for the confirmation that the update worked. So it seems the 4.3" GO models (1000 & 2405) are being offered the update, and the 5" ones (1005 & 2505) are not being offered it yet.

A UK poster at PGPSW with a 1005 DID get the proper app update. First one there to announce it, it seems.

Lots of people complaining on their Facebook site.

TomTom | Facebook. :rolleyes:

Cool... that link works without having to have a facebook account. Thanks.

Key announcement there is:
To clarify; 3rd party POI functionalty is currently available for a limited number of GO LIVE 1000/05 and Via users users. TomTom is working on a solution to provide this functionality for all user of these devices - continuing to share updates as they become available...

If you look on the U.S. TomTom website there are ten new units there so... that means TomTom must feel that mytomtom works good enough for now.:eek:

What the marketing department promotes and what reality IS as far as TomTom is concerned are frequently two quite different things, sadly! :eek:

Yes, that is new as of 2/18/11 as I don't remember seeing any of those units on the website the day before. But it looks like they are not being offered for sale yet as they didn't put any prices or the ability to buy them. Amazon.com also doesn't show any of these new models as of yet. So from this it is clear that TomTom is ready to launch the new models very soon. And this may be a sign that MyTomTom has some major features being added very soon as well to go along with the launch of these new models :).

My confusion is what is the real difference between the GO 2405/2505 and GO 2435/2535?? The only things different I see for the GO 2435/2535 is that it mentions it has an integrated window mount and Eco Routes. I do like the 2535TM WTE model seeing as it has 8 Gigs of storage space but I really wouldn't need it. That model also might be a turnoff to some as it doesn't come in a Live version. Also looks like the VIA models are replacing the XL and XXL models.

If you look on the U.S. TomTom website there are ten new units there so... that means TomTom must feel that mytomtom works good enough for now.:eek:

Last edited:
My wonder is with all these new units that work only with mytomtom will that eventually take out tom tom home because there's a lot of people on this site and else where that could get upset if they are forced out of there PND

Ask a Question