TomTom GO 620: I look for info

Hi, I'd like to buy a TomTom GO 620 and I'd like to ask some questions:
1) Is it possible to download the all wideworld maps in the device. Is there enough space? Can I put a 32GB micro SD or only a 16 GB micro SD?
2) All the world maps are free to download?
3) Can I download all the wideworld maps whe I use TomTom GO 620 for the first time?
4) I will have fre update for all the maps in the next time or only those of Europe maps? If it is impossible to make updates of all the maps in the next times maybe it is better to download only that map you need in that precise time.
Thanks for clear my ideas.

Welcome to TomTomForums, Adriano.

Recommend to use a 32 CB quality card if you want more than Europe and North America at the same time; start downloading any time.
Downloads and updates are free (they have just now stopped upgrading 11 year and older devices).

I am in some internation forums and there is a lot of confusion. The blame is of TomTom if everyone interprets it differently. I never believed a such problem. Many guys write the maps are not free (only Europe maps are free). You have to pay to download other maps. Many guys write it is possible to download all the wideworld maps in one time. Other guys write it is impossible because the internal memory and 32GB external memory are insufficient. Many guys write it is impossible to update the maps besides Europe maps in the next time. No one has any clear ideas in the international forums and even the shopkeeper who sells it. In fact I wanted to buy it and he did not want to sell it to me because he had confused ideas. Why does TomTom put fog around itself?
PS: Maybe are there two different models of TomTom GO 620?

Are there two different models of TomTom GO 620?

Last edited:
Many of us have both all of North America and Europe loaded at the same time, using the extra uSD card. I even have SE Asia loaded in addition to those. As noted, however, you can't fit all of that into internal memory. The card is needed.

There are two different models of GO 620, but one of them has maps more specific to trucks and their unique requirements regarding size and road restrictions. A little different map and firmware for that. Doesn't change your issue, though.

URGENT please. I'm sorry for my urgency. If I cannot download maps I will I send the TomTom GO 620 back and ask back for my money. I need to know how I can download some maps. I have just received the TomTom GO 620 and I don't see that option. There are only Europe map. Now I like to download USA. THnaks for some info.

I thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately I received a TomTom GO 51o and not 620. It was an error. Monday I will send it back. Thanks.

You must download and install on your PC MyDrive Connect.
Open it and connect your 510 with a microUSB cable

You must create a user name (usually the eMail address) and a password and then click My Content.
Tell us what you see there.

You are kind and I thank you for your reply, but I am not crazy. I paid for TT GO 620 and I want it. I have just sent back it.

Indeed. If you paid for a 620, that's certainly reason for complaint!
Once you have that unit, you will find that it will do what you need for it to do.

OK, while we are talking about maps and memory cards, I have a question...I just bought a GO 620 and the User Manual, while very specific in most cases, is delightfully vague regarding this particular device and memory cards. It says, in part, "Some TomTom navigation devices have a memory card slot that is located on the side or bottom of the device." I can't see any slot in either location on my device; however, on the bottom is what could have been a slot, but when I try to put a card into it, it does not go into the device. So which is it? Am I supposed to have a slot or not? I was able to load the North American and Europe West maps, but I bet there's not much room left in the internal memory. A removable memory card sure would be nice.

Phil

That model DOES have a card slot. Look on the bottom of the device. It's probably there. A 16 gb SanDisk class 10 is a good choice.

It only goes in one way.

Attachments

• 20180520_193545.jpg
    20180520_193545.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 441
OK, I found it. I was looking at the exposed bottom of the unit. I removed the unit from the base, and lo! there it was! Thanks, Arno.

I have to say here that the manual is surprisingly sparse with information. Perhaps the manual is generic for all GO units?

Phil

Glad you got the card slot sorted.

Any questions, fire away.
Some of us, and others reading, may have some of the answers.
;->)

Ask a Question