New Info about Upcoming MyTomTom Features

Previous models will always require Home 2

I wonder..... :confused:

MyTomTom already "sort of" recognises my Go940 when I plug it in.

Admittedly, MyTT then gets horribly confused... but it does that most of the time when I plug in my Go1000 too! :rolleyes:

Does anyone know what's new in application version 10.047 for the GO 2505TM? I can't find anything on TomTom's website. Their link on the MyTomTom website takes me to the UK website which has no info on app updates for USA models.

Tomtom doesn't make it very evident at the best of times regarding what changes are in any application.

I assume that is the app on your unit? Do you by any chance have a row offering shared pois in your MyTomTom icon when you connect your unit to the computer.

Got my update from 10.040 to 10.110 this morning on my 2505. As well as My TomTom went from 3.0.1.221 to 3.0.1.251 which gave the "add Shared POI" option.

Will test out the 2505 today for any other changes....

Yep, users in the UK forum are reporting the availability today of a new app and MyHome version for their 1x models today as well.

You will be able to add custom ov2 files and associated .bmp files BUT it is a pain to do so since you can only install one file at a time.

Nevertheless, better than nothing .......... finally. :eek:

Never mind. It was app version 10.110 after all. For some reason the MyTomTom website had a different app version listed than the one that now shows on my GPS unit. I have noticed that aside from the POI enhancements the Add Position To Favorites option in the quick menu now works. The previous application gave an error saying there was no GPS signal. I had to go into Settings and Manage Favorites to add my current position as a favorite. Now my only question is how do I use voice commands to navigate to a specific POI (say, Best Buy, for example). The ability to do this is not exclusive to Google.

They also fixed my issue with the state being blank when you started the voice navigation. Now , instead of a blank white circle, it shows which state I'm starting from i.e NC, SC, GA.

Will try to add my custom POI's tonight. I only have a few so shouldn't be too painful. : )

Now if I could just get the latest map update as promised on the box, I would be a lot happier with my 2505. (If I never had a 720, I would probably love it, because I wouldn't know any different.) The screen quality and the magnetic mount really are great.

When Tomtom moves a tenth in app numbering, that is usually a substantial software release.

So app 10.0xx to 10.1xx should include lots of improvements.

Trey (and others), keep an eye out for the bugs posted here. I wouldn't be surprised if most of them are now resolved.

So far I've seen nobody here reporting about the tiny battery charge indicator on the lower left side.

Oskar

So far I've seen nobody here reporting about the tiny battery charge indicator on the lower left side.

Oskar

I've seen the battery indicator in the bottom left corner of map on my TT Go Live 1000 (NZ) after the recent update. Only appears when charger not connected.

What was wrong with the battery indicator? App version 10.040 on the GO 2505TM correctly showed if the unit was charging or not and accurately showed how much battery life was left. I don't see any difference since app version 10.110.

Oskar was commenting about the small size of the indicator, not about the functionality of it.

It really is smaller than battery indicators on prior models.

European and Canadian spelling, eh? :D

Thanks, Andy. Supermod mvl pointed that feature out.

Considering the method of copying the mapsettings.cfg file from one map to another is no longer viable, it's nice that this method got implemented.

I have a "Canadian" 2505TM but it shows up as a 1005 on the MyTomTom page. If I navigate to the US site it shows it as a 2505! I haven't been online with it since December and it just took the current update. My favourite file is spelled favorites.ov2 so I guess it's a NA vs Europe thing as far as the spelling goes. It's nice to see some activity finally! They did send me an email a while ago with a questionaire asking what I thought of the product and what I'd like to see in the future. I took that opportunity to inform them of my displeasurable experience to date. I did however express it with quite a few four letter words LOL!

Has anyone else noticed this?

Oh yes... lots have told them about it..

Why would TomTom suggest 16 x 16 if it's not correct:confused:?

Simple mistake?
Question is... why not correct it?

In fact, you can also still load and use the 44x44 "double sized" icons, just like you could on earlier models to improve the upscaling when the icon is shown in the top left corner.

Because tomtom is WRONG! They are 22x22.

Oh yes... lots have told them about it..

Simple mistake?
Question is... why not correct it?

In fact, you can also still load and use the 44x44 "double sized" icons, just like you could on earlier models to improve the upscaling when the icon is shown in the top left corner.

As Andrew Dice Clay would say "Unbelievable!" How can a so-called High tech company make as many mistakes as this one and still have any market share. Obviously they don't give a damn about their customers.

Last edited:
Oskar was commenting about the small size of the indicator, not about the functionality of it.

It really is smaller than battery indicators on prior models.

Agreed, the battery indicator does need to be a little bigger as does the street name bar at the top. I know I bought the GO 2405 TM with the smaller screen over the GO 2505 TM but I have no trouble viewing just about everything else on the screen. The street name bar has plenty of room around it to be increased in size.

With another round of updates, I'm posting here to keep the overall MyTomtom status up-to-date.

Latest Map Guarantee: Working for all models.

Map purchases: Can purchase subscription update cards at retail, and activate them in MyTomtom. Cannot yet buy single map updates, and cannot install geographies that were not pre-installed at purchase.

3rd Party POI: Now available

Community content (voices, color schemes, warning sounds, images): Now working with app 10.200 or later models. Currently app 10.200 only is offered in Europe.

Licensed voices: Not yet available

Backing up: Community content (Europe only), plus POI and Favorites, can be backed up. No backups for licensed content yet.

Mapshare: Not yet available

Quickgpsfix: Not formally announced, appears to work on LIVE models, but not on non-LIVE models.

Itinerary planning: Promised for Q2 2011. No update on this date since December 2010.

3rd party applications: Will be coming in the future, but not in 2011

Speed cameras: Enabled in December 2010, but now seems to be broken. Recent updates (especially in Europe) seem to have removed the speed cameras.

Last edited:
-> Itinerary Planning will be available in Q2 2011, as part of a scheduled feature release.

Well that didn't happen, did it?

I don't know about scheduled feature, any feature for the TT1000L would be welcome.

Ask a Question