Traffic information

TomTom Model(s)
Go 540live
My 6200, application 19.101.0014.411 (0) (19/04/2019) Map Europe v1030.9618 (04/2019) serial no ZA3376K00015 (0) has stopped displaying ,re-routing or informing me of any traffic delays or problems.As now retired and not using it so much not certain when rhis happened bur sudpect after latest application upgrade. Speed cameras are shown both stsatic and mobile. Traffic and speed cameras are shown as activated.

Comments and observations welcomed.

Julian Croucher

Does your 6200 indicate that you are in fact connect to TomTom's cloud server for traffic? That is indicated by the little icon in the upper right corner when you hit the "Menu" button. If there are two little cars, one behind the other, and no X through them, then you should have traffic data.

If there's an X through the cars, then that indicates a lack of connection, and it's on to sort out why the connection is lost.
If there's an X there, then have do you have access to WiFi in your location, and have you enabled it? If not, please do so in "Settings" / :"WiFi". Then after a minute, check to see if there's still an "X" through the cars. This will tell us whether you can get traffic over WiFi, but not over your cellular connection. That would point to a more specific problem and solution.

Does your 6200 indicate that you are in fact connect to TomTom's cloud server for traffic? That is indicated by the little icon in the upper right corner when you hit the "Menu" button. If there are two little cars, one behind the other, and no X through them, then you should have traffic data.

If there's an X through the cars, then that indicates a lack of connection, and it's on to sort out why the connection is lost.
If there's an X there, then have do you have access to WiFi in your location, and have you enabled it? If not, please do so in "Settings" / :"WiFi". Then after a minute, check to see if there's still an "X" through the cars. This will tell us whether you can get traffic over WiFi, but not over your cellular connection. That would point to a more specific problem and solution.

The screen is showing wifi (connected) bluetooth (connected) cloud (x) cars x.

Thanks

Let's see if we can fix the cloud service first, as that will take us in a better direction.

From Menu / Settings / MyDrive
Does the device request login information (e.g., Password), or does it show "Logged in as" with your email that follows?

Let's see if we can fix the cloud service first, as that will take us in a better direction.

Does the device request login information (e.g., Password), or does it show "Logged in as" with your email that follows?

Requested that I log in which has been done successfully, still showing an x on the cars.

Good start.

Julian

OK, so we do have communication back to TomTom with the device, at least to one of their servers. That's helpful, and indicates that the traffic problem is most likely with your account back at the TomTom server, rather than an issue with the unit.

I would note the serial number on your unit, and give the folks at tech support a call to see if they can clean up the problem on their end.

United Kingdom
02079 490 132
Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Wish me luck and thankyou

Julian

In a mad moment went into menu then settings/system then reset device which seems to have worked with cloud and traffic symbols showing. On a quick map scan can see trouble showing a bit of a relief.

Do appreciate your time

Julian

Truly odd. Shouldn't have worked, but glad it did!
Annoying part about a factory reset is that you lose your own configuration preferences in the process.

Wish me luck and thank you

Julian
Truly odd. Shouldn't have worked, but glad it did!
Annoying part about a factory reset is that you lose your own configuration preferences in the process.

True but that was a small price to pay for a quick simple fix rather than hanging onto a phone line. Should this happen again at least now know what initial steps to take.

Julian

Ask a Question