Are the RDS-TMC traffic information channels down?

Have not been able to get any traffic info on the gps for last several days in NY and CT? It is continually searching for FM station. Has`the last update got to do anything with this? It seems this is happening after the last 2 small updates.

What FM channels are these traffic info transmitted?

Thanks in advance.

Ad

Advertisements

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
What model unit do you have and does it use the combo rds-tmc antenna/car charger?

Have you tried a reset on your unit (either a dedicated reset hole on the bottom or holding the power button about 10 seconds till the drum sounds)?

Hi

I have a 1435TM.
Yes, it uses the combo rds-tmc antenna/car charger. And when I switch on the gps, it acknowledges that it is connected.

I will try a reset and check it out soon.

Thanks

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 930
I don't find the reference right offf, but I think I'd seen nmetion of the service being down in the NY/Conn/MA area today.

Well, well, well!! Reset did work. We are in business now. Traffic works.

Thank dhn.:D:thumb::roll:

I have the XL 340S with LIVE services and my traffic has not worked in a week. My Google Search, weather, traffic cameras, and fuel prices all work, but not traffic. I am in the Washington DC area and have not been able to access traffic for a week. I get error code 1506 "An error occurred. Please try again later or contact TomTom customer support."

So I tried a soft reset, hard reset, and reset my unit to factory settings. Then when I called TomTom, the first thing they had me do was what? A soft reset, hard reset, and reset to factory settings!!

Totally disgusted with TomTom customer (non-)service.

Anybody know anything about the traffic disaster?

Ad

Advertisements

canderson

TomTom Model(s)
GO720, GO740TM Live, GO 1535 Live, Via 1535, Via 1605, GO 52, GO 600, GO 620, GO 630, TomTom Bridge
I have the XL 340S with LIVE services and my traffic has not worked in a week. My Google Search, weather, traffic cameras, and fuel prices all work, but not traffic. I am in the Washington DC area and have not been able to access traffic for a week.
Live traffic is working OK out here in Colorado, so whatever you're experiencing must either be unit specific or region specific.

Ad

Advertisements

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
Apparently was also working in the Boston area about 4 am today.

Ask a Question