RDS TMC traffic GO 720

Is RDS traffic useful?
I believe this is the only traffic available for this unit.
Is this subscription or free.
I would use it in Toronto and US trips south

Is RDS traffic useful?
I believe this is the only traffic available for this unit.
Is this subscription or free.
I would use it in Toronto and US trips south

It's not the most current information - RDS is most commonly understood to be about 15 minutes behind.

See here for more detailed information on whether or not there are subscription fees.

See this link for coverage areas. Toronto is included.

RDS/TMC USB unit for GO720

Thanks Alfie for that info. Will the new style USB/Charger/Antenna work with the GO720

Torbau, as near as I can tell, The RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver is compatible with the new TomTom GO 920 range, TomTom GO 720, TomTom ONE XL, etc. I'm assuming you're talking about the one which sells for approx USD50.

Perhaps someone else on the forum with direct experience with this combination will confirm. Worst case - keep the receipt (!)

I do use mine constantly in major metro areas and have found it very helpful.

The unit will work with any cities serviced by Total Traffic listed on a previous post above. In addition to Toronto, Montreal, Ottowa and Vancouver are listed. You will not receive updated traffic outside the radio station(s) coverage range which can vary from 10 - 50 miles in a metro area (whether in Canada or the US). Don't expect to receive any traffic updates outside that area. You will receive 'better' coverage if you place the receiver (the egg-shaped part of the power cord) higher in your vehicle, near a window rather than on the floor. .

Hope that helps

Can anyone confirm that the TMC-RDS powersupply/antenna work with GO720

Has anyone actually used this with Go720. Any specific navcore required to make it work

I have a 350XLTM with the RDS antenna. I have found it to be quite useful in the Toronto area. It lets me know how things are going on the QEW before I get there. No cost for it once you have the unit.

Yes it work on GO 730

I use the TomTom Tom USB LT Traffic Receiver with my GO 730 with the Navcore 9.058 and it work fine in Montreal area.

Don 264

Don, there can be benefits to running an app not meant for a specific model (the proper app is 8.351 for the 730) and you have found one; namely, the use of that antenna.

Be aware that using non legit (probably too strong a word here) apps may cause issues somewhere with the unit/maps etc.

My RDS-TMC (with the concentric pin, not USB model) is not working on my GO 720. It used to work before I upgraded to v9.430.:(
I would be very grateful if any one can advise? :confused:

Ask a Question