Traffic information... or lack there of..

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 920
This evening I'd thought I'd test the TomTom traffic feature. I went to the Kentucky 511 transportation website (http://511.ky.gov) to see what delays were in the state of Kentucky. It's based off of Google maps, so I can pick two points, a starting point and an ending point, where I'd have to go through the traffic delay being reported on the KY transportation website.

TomTom traffic didn't pick them up... So I'm beginning to think that I spent $60 for nothing. :mad:

Give it a try if you have TomTom traffic.

This evening I'd thought I'd test the TomTom traffic feature. I went to the Kentucky 511 transportation website (http://511.ky.gov) to see what delays were in the state of Kentucky. It's based off of Google maps, so I can pick two points, a starting point and an ending point, where I'd have to go through the traffic delay being reported on the KY transportation website.

TomTom traffic didn't pick them up... So I'm beginning to think that I spent $60 for nothing. :mad:

Give it a try if you have TomTom traffic.

And the subscription via your cell phone is supposed to be MORE accurate than the traffic receiver as well right? And you're using your cell phone to use the subscription right?

Err... I too was thinking on buying Traffic, but via the receiver.. Now I don't know. I also hear that the reports that DO come in are sometimes late as well.

My experience with traffic has been pretty positive actually. I'm using my Go 720 and my ATT Razr paired to get traffic via a data connection. It's often more up to date than Sirius traffic. Granted I am in a large metro area so the traffic data is probably updated often and its more detailed.

Ask a Question