New device

I agree, many software problems many bugs. They need to see watt is happening on the development team to week.

For what it's worth, there does seem to be a solution in the works for the recorded voices that haven't been working. Need to keep watching for any release of 23.103.0019, but no idea when we might see it.

New Firmware 23.104 is out since a few days. No changelog till now. I didn't recognize any changes in use....

Are you seeing, specifically, 23.104.0019?
If so, that should resolve the recorded voice issue.

Are you seeing, specifically, 23.104.0019?
If so, that should resolve the recorded voice issue.
Yes, the log is now online.
Didn't even know about this bug.
Would be better if they fixed the map update troubles.
I thought they were allready fixed, but last mapupdate again made troubles.

What I also wonder is why there are zero reviews of the Go Discover Superior, neither online, nor in youtube......
Does noone care anymore about (TomTom) Navis....?

Last edited:
What I think is that with so many years of experience, from TomTom the Navcore should already be very mature with almost no errors

This is what I don't understand, the line of code they write isn't very good. . The reason for this comment is the fact that I myself see constant failures in almost all aspects of software operation. I actually don't know what else to say about this aspect but it's actually not good at all.

without offending anyone, the only feature that keeps me hooked on the TomTom is the traffic, which works perfectly, nothing else.

What I think is that with so many years of experience, from TomTom the Navcore should already be very mature with almost no errors
If they hadn't been directed (or allowed, not sure which) to start over with a clean slate twice, your analysis would be spot on.
This last major shift has only been from one version of Android to a later one, and even that seems to have proved to be a difficult porting job for them.

If they hadn't been directed (or allowed, not sure which) to start over with a clean slate twice, your analysis would be spot on.
This last major shift has only been from one version of Android to a later one, and even that seems to have proved to be a difficult porting job for them.
Yes, I understand and respect your comment,

I am new to this channel. but I have been doing some searching and trying to understand the last few years of development in both hardware and software on tomtom.
without a doubt there are many positive aspect for sure, excellent traffic information, many updates to the maps and others, but is still a way to go.

I used the Garmin and they are also excellent they have a lot more information when driving about signs like this (animal danger, dangerous curves and many others) as I mentioned the only function that keeps me with the TomTom is the traffic information, nothing else.

Yes, the software leaves a little to be desired with constant bugs. I hope the team reads some of the comments and does an analysis to create a more efficient plan in the written code and create a world-class GPS.

My comments are only for the TomTom car like (discovery - superior.....) not for cell phones like IOS and Android. I cannot comment on these

There are many things to be preferred about the Garmin devices' software, but ...
Comparing Garmin traffic to TomTom traffic, TomTom wins vs. Garmin's here.com offering.
If there was just a nav device that had it all ... sigh.

yes regarding traffic TomTom is fantastic and very reliable
Sometimes I think how they manage to obtain this quality of information

That's why I use TomTom. but there are other aspects to improve as I mentioned previously

Hi, you mention traffic which I also like. Do you maybe know how long traffic is free with new Go Superior?

Traffic is free, but there is a charge for updates on speed cameras, fuel prices, off-street parking, electric vehicle charging and weather.

This is for the new GPS for your GO 400 traffic

Last edited:

Ask a Question