New device

Hi there @TROG1974 -
That’s a very beneficial discount for a more realistic product price. On another plus note, it appears the back room boys on the development crew have listened to criticisms and brought back the much requested change of map colour and even route lines amongst other elements.
Shame the speedy cams are only free for the first 12 months. It would be great to know how you get on with the device.
I'm having an holiday to Cornwall in September so that's going to give it a good test from the Midlands. I'm coming from the old Go 6200 and have used it about 6 years a go to the same place so I know it took me straight to the exact road for the caravan park. Will test the average speed cameras down the motorway and see how accurate the live fuel prices are. Wished they had put a 4g sim in the new models, there were a few pages and videos saying the Go Expert was having a 7 inch model with a 4g sim at the end of 2021 but that never happened. Not sure about the new visual cues on the new model but will give it a go, hopefully they can be turned off if they are really distracting. Hopefully the new model with a faster processor will be better around islands this time, the 6200 tells you to 'now leave the island, about 400 yards after you've come off the island.

I guess on this new Go Superior device it is still not possible to add our personal poi?

I guess on this new Go Superior device it is still not possible to add our personal poi?
No ... still not accepting *.ov2 files! Not happy about that!

Thanks for the comments , I ordered the go superior , I think I made a good choice from the research I did

Does anyone know what subscriptions you will need to keep the superior updated after the first 12 months? Is it the 45 a year for maps and 25 a year for live services (for traffic and speed cameras)? 70 a year on top of an expensive up front price feels a bit excessive if true. I still use he 5100 with free lifetime maps, traffic, and cameras!

Does anyone know what subscriptions you will need to keep the superior updated after the first 12 months? Is it the 45 a year for maps and 25 a year for live services (for traffic and speed cameras)? 70 a year on top of an expensive up front price feels a bit excessive if true. I still use he 5100 with free lifetime maps, traffic, and cameras!
In my opinion, you will need this pac to keep your device up to date. https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/maps-services/go-discover-premium-services/

My 7 inch Go Superior was delivered today, setup was easy and logged in to my TomTom account and all my destinations synced in ok, new map update of 15.9gb then another map update of 1.9gb. Connected easy to my Bluetooth on my phone for data tethering. Nice clear screen, seems a lot better screen than my old Go 6200. Very slow from powering on, TomTom logo displays for ages before the drum noise then bar loads across the bottom gradually getting slower as it gets towards the end. Information shows Premium services end in August 2024 but for some reason it's saying that speed camera subscription ends 15th of November this year. Tried a quick simulated journey and didn't like the new visual cues, flashing arrows across the screen when approaching an island seemed a bit off putting so turned off the visual cues. Going to give it a run to Cornwall start of next month and see how it does.

is it fast when searching adresses and clicking through settings?

Ask a Question