New device

Already a new software update today for the Go Superior, version number 23.102.0017.611, can't find any information online yet about what's changed. Startup is now much quicker but speed camera subscription is still showing it ends on the 15th of November although the TomTom website says it comes with 12 months speed cameras.

Already a new software update today for the Go Superior, version number 23.102.0017.611, can't find any information online yet about what's changed. Startup is now much quicker but speed camera subscription is still showing it ends on the 15th of November although the TomTom website says it comes with 12 months speed cameras.
For speed cameras, you must contact Tomtom customer service to reactivate your rights.

About the speed cameras samme problem new device and the subscription will end on 16/11/23 I not understand?

About the speed cameras samme problem new device and the subscription will end on 16/11/23 I not understand?
It is very common this subscription problem that ends before the date initially scheduled contact with customer service the problem is resolved very quickly.

New software update for the God superior. But no information about what they have done? Any information about that?

There isn't any information on their website yet, hopefully they will post a changelog soon for 23.102.0017.611

It is very common this subscription problem that ends before the date initially scheduled contact with customer service the problem is resolved very quickly.
I contacted TomTom and they said there was a technical error with the subscription and they have made a change to my account, told me to do a soft reset and I now have the full 12 months, thank you for your help.

I contacted TomTom and they said there was a technical error with the subscription and they have made a change to my account, told me to do a soft reset and I now have the full 12 months, thank you for your help.
Which method did you use for contact?

Which method did you use for contact?
I logged in to my account on the TomTom website and used the live chatbot and asked a question about my subscription, but because I was asking out of their opening hours it asked if I would like to email them within the chatbot app. I left an email explaining the subscription was ending in November and they emailed me back the next evening to say they had made a change to my account and to do a soft reset, the subscription is now for the full 12 months on the satnav when I check in the about section.

I bought the superior. It came with the actual firmware.
Many troubles till yet:

- deleting not required maps takes ages and doesn't show the delete status right (you have to leave settings page and reopen it many times, till status shows)

- new maps load VERY slow (in Wifi 6 350 MBit WLAN....). Fast map downloads they promise in their ads....
Hope that gets fixed fast

- Bluetooth connection to iPhone 12 wasn't very stable

- Wake up from Stand By sometimes took very long, other times it was fast

to sum it up: My Discover Go was better, except the screen (I had a low res 5").
But the problems should be able to be fixed.

The speed of the device is about the same as Discover Go. So no step ahead in this regards.

O must agree with Rob77 I have experience same problems and is quite disappointed many promised fast wifi and response but is not this I have experience.
new device TomTom ages of experience and many bugs not God.

In the recent time we see the power of computing on the new mobile devices, the engineers from TomTom need to think about that need to think one step forward and not spare on money to build a better device.

I've been using the Go Superior this week while away in Cornwall. Firstly it fell off the screen about 4 times going down the motorway but after a stop at the services I noticed a small piece of cotton/fluff stuck to the suction cup and since I removed the cotton/fluff it hasn't fallen off once, good job because I wasn't very happy with it keep falling off, the Go 6100 never fell off the glass. Maps were updated before I came away. It asked me to leave the M5 and go across the M50 for no apparent reason so I ignored it then it rerouted back to the M5, there was no traffic jams at 5am and the drive down was very clear. The motorway branched off but it didn't tell me to move over to the M5. I used it to go to Healeys Cyder Farm and instead of going left directly to the entrance it told me to go right and my final destination was the middle of a country lane and I had to use Google maps which took me straight to the entrance, I should have originally gone left and not right like the TomTom said. There is a new bypass being built and it's telling me to go left at the island which is a dirt track where the road isn't built yet but when I ignore it and join the the original road it says no route available and shows a missing section of road that I'm on for about half a mile. I've driven by petrol stations that aren't even showing on the map and haven't seen any petrol prices on the ones that have shown up. When I first got the satnav I tried it to get to a local pub that my girlfriend works next to and the map has two identical destinations with the same name but one is left at the lights on the dual carriage way and the other is right, both with the same postcode and street name. I've reported the error on the map but it's also still showing on my Go Superior and my Go 6100. I tried it yesterday to go to Newquay Zoo and it took me straight to the car park by searching by name and it used something called Swep on the destination search which seemed better at finding destinations because it shows the full address and full postcode, the other search list item showed a different street name and only the first 4 digits of the postcode. It's definitely faster than my Go 6100 and has a nicer clearer and larger screen at 7 inches. It definitely has some quirks that need addressing, Healeys Cyder has been there since 1986 so there's no excuse not to find it, I have alternative routes set to manual so it should ask first and not automatically tell me to go down the M50. Another small thing I've noticed is when screen touch sounds are on it's either nothing at all then some very quiet sounds with one random very loud sound and then nothing again. Let's hope a firmware update and map updates fix these problems.

Just a question
What a disappointment 2 days and the downloading of 17gb on maps update is not finish 🤔 is this a joke?
Watts going on.
My internet service is a 1250 mb is fast very fast. Disappointed.... Tomtom promises fast Wi-Fi updates but not a near fast.
I Don't get.

17GB is several cards that you download and install at the same time. Perhaps you will have downloaded and installed cards by cards more quickly.

Just a question
What a disappointment 2 days and the downloading of 17gb on maps update is not finish 🤔 is this a joke?
Watts going on.
My internet service is a 1250 mb is fast very fast. Disappointed.... Tomtom promises fast Wi-Fi updates but not a near fast.
I Don't get.
I thought I was having the same problem as it seemed to freeze during the lengthy download but when I force stopped the download, all the requested maps were correctly installed! But, I agree, it’s a proper pain that the fast WiFi connection is anything but and I have a 2 gig fibre optic!

The new Firmware seems to speed up the map update downloads.
Other than that I didn't find any changes.

Hello. I returned my Tomtom go expert plus to the store today and take full refund. Brand new device but unusable. Voice guidance is not work, as are warning sounds. Only computer generated voices work. Be careful when buying this model. Tomtom has a big software problem

Ask a Question