LE and 3rd

Map update

Ugh forget it. I take back every good thing I said about the LE.

I tried updated the maps and suddenly it completed and then said no maps were found. I made a backup from the start like a good GPS user and tried to go back to it, no maps found.

So I tried doing an update on the device, it keeps wanting to do the same 8.6MB update. Over and over.

So I looked it up on this forum and another one, does not seem to be an isolated issue.

I still don't agree with the signal issue. I have read what others have said, and they seem like genuine complaints. But it is hard to tell because GPS units can be weird on their own. So I want to maintain that I don't think its fair to say the LE is worse than the 3rd based on one set of results.

At the same time, since I can't even boot the LE to any maps, and I don't seem to be alone, and my 3rd edition is working just fine...

I think I will be calling Amazon and saying I am keeping the 3rd Edition and taking the LE back. This seems like a bad omen.

I realize I'm kinda late in the game here, but I had this same problem a few months ago, and I called Tom Tom support, and they fixed it for me in minutes. I did have to wait on hold for about 30 minutes, but they took care of it, no questions asked. By the end of the phone call, I was downloading the map into my ONE via the HOME software. It made me glad to have a Tom Tom! :D

Ask a Question