Frozen XXL 540S World Traveler Edition

It says it's what's installed now, so let's see if we can determine what the heck the unit already has loaded -- or thinks it has loaded, anyway.

Please look at your unit's root using Explorer. There, you will find a file called ttgo.bif. That contains all of the current configuration information about your unit. Open that file with your favorite text editor. The information we're interested in at the moment are the following lines:

BootLoaderVersion=?????
and
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=????

Please advise the contents of those two lines in YOUR device's ttgo.bif file.

Ok the it no ttgo.bif. there are the following tthome.bif 1kb ttsystem 4,114kb. I don"t know how to open with text editor.
I did find the following screen shot.
IMG_0497.JPG

Ok is this what you are lookn
IMG_0498.JPG
ig for?

Missed the most important one .. ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=????
The good news is that your bootloader (5.5279) belongs to 9.061 if we can confirm that is the current firmware.

IF you are running 9.061, it sounds as though a configuration file is killing you.
IF you are running 9.061, take the mapsettings.cfg file from your US/Canada/Mexico map folder and copy it somewhere to your PC, then delete it from your unit, perform a proper USB disconnect, and hard boot the device by holding the power button for 20 seconds until you see the TomTom and hear the drums, then let go.

IMG_0500.JPG
i

I have opened everything with note pad.I cannot find apllication version number.Do you still want me to move mapsetting.cfg file from TOMTOM. Ok to just put on desktop.

3710-c4361890465bf7a474b5f6b4b6f8f7c9.jpg
IMG_0501.JPG

I don't see file mapsetting.cfg

Attachments

• IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 258
I just checked the backup files for my xl335tm and my go 930. Both of those map backups have the file mapsetting .cfg file.All three of these were updated at the samr time

canderson said:
IF you are running 9.061, it sounds as though a configuration file is killing you.
IF you are running 9.061, take the mapsettings.cfg file from your US/Canada/Mexico map folder and copy it somewhere to your PC, then delete it from your unit, perform a proper USB disconnect, and hard boot the device by holding the power button for 20 seconds until you see the TomTom and hear the drums, then let go.
I just checked the backup files for my xl335tm and my go 930. Both of those map backups have the file mapsetting .cfg file.All three of these were updated at the same time
Since you have a safe backup, proceed per canderson's instructions and delete the mapsettings.cfg file in the USA_Canada_and_Mexico map. After the drum roll reboot, a new one will be created on the device.

The only two manual back ups that I have for this XXL unit I made after getting on this thread. So I have no way to retrieve it.Both manual back ups the file is missing.

The only two manual back ups that I have for this XXL unit I made after getting on this thread. So I have no way to retrieve it.Both manual back ups the file is missing.
Just wondering. I should have a complete back up on my old windows xp computer that is no longer hooked up to the internet . Would that of any help. From 2012 I believe

That will give you Recent Destinations and Favorites as they were current in 2012.

For operation of the device it is not important that there is a new mapsettings.cfg file it is just that it will not be populated with the info to addresses you had on before.

Have you compared the size of the file on device to the one of the backups? (Right click, Properties.)

That will give you Recent Destinations and Favorites as they were current in 2012.

For operation of the device it is not important that there is a new mapsettings.cfg file it is just that it will not be populated with the info to addresses you had on before.

Have you compared the size of the file on device to the one of the backups? (Right click, Properties.)

Both back ups and what is on the device show the same thing. 1.94 GB; 99 Files; 1 Folder; Size 2,089,149,418; on disk 2,089,467,904

As Arno notes, it shouldn't matter whether the mapsettings.cfg file is there. In fact, we didn't want it there, though why it wasn't in your backup is a mystery to me. It should have been created in your map folder a long time back.

As to the missing ttgo.bif file, the fact that we find an install.bif means that the device hasn't booted far enough to create its own ttgo.bif file - which is an inventory of the device.

Anyway, I can confirm now that your device is loaded with 9.061 and more than likely the correct bootloader to go with it.

Let's try one more toy. Go to this TomTom page http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6178/ and follow the instructions there. Run the tool THREE times. You won't be getting any real feedback as to whether anything has happened or not It's a bit of blind process. Then reboot.

As Arno notes, it shouldn't matter whether the mapsettings.cfg file is there. In fact, we didn't want it there, though why it wasn't in your backup is a mystery to me. It should have been created in your map folder a long time back.

As to the missing ttgo.bif file, the fact that we find an install.bif means that the device hasn't booted far enough to create its own ttgo.bif file - which is an inventory of the device.

Anyway, I can confirm now that your device is loaded with 9.061 and more than likely the correct bootloader to go with it.

Let's try one more toy. Go to this TomTom page http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6178/ and follow the instructions there. Run the tool THREE times. You won't be getting any real feedback as to whether anything has happened or not It's a bit of blind process. Then reboot.

Ok downloaded TOMTOM Clear Flash. Ran it three times. Safely ejected device from computer. Tried rebooting by just hitting the power button still no difference blue screen yellow bar running to the right then black TOMTOM Logo frozen. Also tried holding power button down until drum roll same results

O
IMG_0510.JPG
k downloaded TOMTOM Clear Flash. Ran it three times. Safely ejected device from computer. Tried rebooting by just hitting the power button still no difference blue screen yellow bar running to the right then black TOMTOM Logo frozen. Also tried holding power button down until drum roll same results

I am not sure that I ran this the right way. sending screen shots. My question is why in the winzip self-extractor box the set up button is not available.

IMG_0505.JPG

IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_0507.JPG

IMG_0508.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

After running the clear flash. There is now a new file installed on device ttn. Shows modified 8/22 2006; created 11/3 2015 5:14 PM size 14.1 KB

Out of curiosity, can that file be opened with a word processor / text editor?

the following are screen shots first with note pad second with word pad.
IMG_0511.JPG
IMG_0512.JPG
IMG_0513.JPG
IMG_0514.JPG
IMG_0515.JPG

Ask a Question