Forget to backup Tom Tom one

My Tom Tom one is now a piece of useless ....because I tried to get the update from the support. It didn't work now all I get is "no Maps found" error and I have tried to get it going again without success. My friend has one just like it and I am trying to get up with him so to back-up his and restore mine. It will be awhile before I can get with him.

Does anyone have a back-up for this unit that would share with me. I am leaving on a trip in the near future and would like to find my way there. I would greatly appreciate any effort. I could down load and purchase the latest maps but considering the cost that could be applied to a later model, found it not feasible

again I would be grateful
(e-mail address removed)..

I'm afraid a map from another device will not help you as maps are locked to the device first installed upon.

Were you updating the map when it got 'lost'?? If you look at the contents of your unit using Explorer, do you see a folder called something like USA_Canada???

Have you ever updated the original map on your device before? If so, the updated map in compressed format should be found here:
c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Maps\

and can be reinstalled.

Ask a Question