fix for 9.058 traffic timeout? Sick of using buddies!!

Running 9.058 now, and for the first time, had the unit simply refused to connect to Live services. Had to reboot the unit, at which time it connected immediately. First glitch I've had with Live so far. Happened at an inopportune moment, too. One more incident of that type and I'm back to 9.054.

Seattle has been a nightmare - Live very rarely connects by itself (or if it does take a long time) and times out consistently after approx 10mins but there has been signs of it lasting longer on the odd occasion.

The buddy trick works but it's a pain that with conditions able to change so quickly, you can't trust it to be right since it can take a while to tell you it's not updating.

I am also noticing that the data is not good often as well - been having it tell me there is/isn't traffic when a quick reference to google or bing shows it correctly (and with more coverage), later verified by driving - we are paying for this data to be right! Add the random reboots and it's just not a great experience

Sorry to say this is my last TT - I'll use it maybe traveling on business but there are just now better and more importantly more reliable options. I think the era of stand alone GPS is on it's last legs

Tried 8.371, 9.054 and 9.058 - all have their quirks but there was no real performance difference

Last edited:
I run on 8.312, it doesn't have the 3-day bluetooth crash that app 8.37x has, and it doesn't crash daily nor require the buddy-fix like app 9.05x does.

8.312 makes the TT a very reliable and useful device. Any other app turns it into a piece of junk in my opinion.

I get traffic now

Sorry, all, I neglected to post the "solution" to the problem I was having with getting the yellow triangle. I let my LIVE subscription expire, and now I get the traffic service.

I'm happy with the traffic, and anything I could have gotten with LIVE services I can get on my phone. I'm a happy TomTom user now.

Earble

Ask a Question