TomTom One New Edition WNRO fix?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom ONE New Edition
I have a TomTom One New Edition that I bought in 2008. It was working great until the WNRO. Now it takes forever to lock on to a signal even when I install the latest QuickFix. Once it does lock on the time is always 12:00AM, which I really don't care about, and navigates fine except that it can lose the GPS signal very easily. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Does not sound like the WNRO software was actually updated on your device.
What firmware version does it claim to be running?

I am in the same situation and have given up on TT and bought a Garmin. My old One V3 worked on and off, totally unreliable and not in line with the official TT release on how WNRO would affect it.

The device is unsupported so they are no longer officially issuing any more updates or fixes. One glimmer of hope is that it seems they have issued a one off update for some older unsupported units. If you are in desperate need of a reliable sat nav now though you are going to have to get another one.

Last edited:
I have a TomTom One New Edition that I bought in 2008. It was working great until the WNRO. Now it takes forever to lock on to a signal even when I install the latest QuickFix. Once it does lock on the time is always 12:00AM, which I really don't care about, and navigates fine except that it can lose the GPS signal very easily. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Had exactly the same problems. Have a Start 25. Could never find a signal, and when I did it was lost easily. I could manually set the time, but it was lost every time device was turned off (constant 12:00). I updated last night---the Nav & Quickfix updates solved everthing---signal comes end quick and clock keeps time all the time. I have an even older TT gps (Via X?) and it hasn't been updated, but except for the clock it seems to work fine. I wasn't allowed to update the second gps. It seems you can only have one registration per PC. However I noticed after I plugged in the clock is working now! Here's a temp solution (it was for me anyway) if you can't update:

(1) You must RESET your gps----EVERYTIME! You must hear the Tomtom drum beat when the logo comes on. When you turn on and just the Tomtom logo appears you WON'T get a signal. After the "I Agree" stuff appears and you accept it will take 4-5 minutes before you get a signal. Before then you can manually set the clock, or SYNC once you get a signal. This is a pain in the ass method, but it worked in getting a signal.

(2) You said you updated the QF. When I updated last night, before I could do anything else like update my maps I had to make TWO updates----a) QuickFix and b) Nav.?---the site requires it. I don't know how you did one without the other if you truly updated QF. You do them both, or none at all. They are BOTH pre checked for updates. Maybe your gps is too old. My first one was bought in 2008 and was the same model as yours. I used it everyday and only got about 2 years out of it.

Had exactly the same problems. Have a Start 25. Could never find a signal, and when I did it was lost easily. I could manually set the time, but it was lost every time device was turned off (constant 12:00). I updated last night---the Nav & Quickfix updates solved everthing---signal comes end quick and clock keeps time all the time. I have an even older TT gps (Via X?) and it hasn't been updated, but except for the clock it seems to work fine. I wasn't allowed to update the second gps. It seems you can only have one registration per PC. However I noticed after I plugged in the clock is working now! Here's a temp solution (it was for me anyway) if you can't update:

(1) You must RESET your gps----EVERYTIME! You must hear the Tomtom drum beat when the logo comes on. When you turn on and just the Tomtom logo appears you WON'T get a signal. After the "I Agree" stuff appears and you accept it will take 4-5 minutes before you get a signal. Before then you can manually set the clock, or SYNC once you get a signal. This is a pain in the ass method, but it worked in getting a signal.

(2) You said you updated the QF. When I updated last night, before I could do anything else like update my maps I had to make TWO updates----a) QuickFix and b) Nav.?---the site requires it. I don't know how you did one without the other if you truly updated QF. You do them both, or none at all. They are BOTH pre checked for updates. Maybe your gps is too old. My first one was bought in 2008 and was the same model as yours. I used it everyday and only got about 2 years out of it.

When I connect to TomTom HOME I get a very long error message, it won't let me copy the text so I took a picture of the screen. When I click OK it downloads and installs the latest QuickFix.
TomTom error.JPG

When I get a chance I'll try contacting TomTom and see what that error message means.

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, a new Navcore (firmware) is necessary to fix this problem for older units, and yes, you can have only one of these older 'Nav2' devices registered at TomTom per email address. If you have more than one of these older devices, be sure to register each with a different email address. They don't have to be real, but they do have to be different.

I am afraid you will be disappointed, having mine working was a one off event. The fix only corrects the time. To get a good lock you need a fresh quickgpsfix and a drum roll reset every time you turn the unit on.

I am afraid you will be disappointed, having mine working was a one off event. The fix only corrects the time. To get a good lock you need a fresh quickgpsfix and a drum roll reset every time you turn the unit on.
You are correct, the only thing that changed is that the time is correct when it locks on. I guess it is time for a new gps. It won't be a TomTom after this.

'morning

I installed the QuickGPSfix on my TomTom ONE and it now 'locks-on' within 30-45 secs

did I read somewhere (?) that I need to update this file every week...?

thanks

The Quickfix files are usually offered daily and contain data for the next seven days. That doesn't mean you need to get a new file daily. Some indeed do so once a week. Others wait even longer.

Ask a Question