fix for 9.058 traffic timeout? Sick of using buddies!!

31260 is "consolidated telecom". It could be a regional carrier that was bought out by T-mobile or AT&T, but they're still broadcasting on their old ID number.

Perhaps if it is independent, it doesn't have all the corruption that AT&T has which is why you never seem to get crash/reboots.

Yeah, I know. 312-60 ain't even on the list. In fact, apart from the fact that 312 belongs in the U.S., I don't think I've ever seen a list that described any of the carriers in the 312 block. I have no idea who it actually is here in Colorado.

Yeah, I know. 312-60 ain't even on the list. In fact, apart from the fact that 312 belongs in the U.S., I don't think I've ever seen a list that described any of the carriers in the 312 block. I have no idea who it actually is here in Colorado.
I found 260 on the wikipedia list as:
260 T-Mobile Standard; formerly Cook Inlet Voicestream

Now the question is did the US GO 740's come with two
different SIM's numbers as the UK's did?

???
I don't think either of my UK Go940's have ever had more then one SIM ID number
Looking back in my notes it's been one 20 digit number for SIM ID, one5-digit number for IMSI and one 15-digit one for IMEI.

???
I don't think either of my UK Go940's have ever had more then one SIM ID number
Looking back in my notes it's been one 20 digit number for SIM ID, one5-digit number for IMSI and one 15-digit one for IMEI.

Let me clarify:
There were two different SIM card series used in the UK NOT two SIM's in one unit.

I found 260 on the wikipedia list as:
260 T-Mobile Standard; formerly Cook Inlet Voicestream

260? You're looking at 310-260. I'm 312-60. The Wiki list doesn't even identify any of the 312 owners. It's a U.S. MCC, though.

MCC's are only 5 numbers you drop the 0, 31 is for the US.
Actually, the reverse is true. You don't drop a 0 anywhere.

The MCC is 3 decimal digits. The MNC can be 2 or 3 decimal digits.

If only 5 digits were permitted (essentially, 2 for the MNC), there would be a whole lot of invalid 3 digit MNC numbers out there (look at the lists closely - you'll spot them). One reason I've become familiar with this is Canada. Look at those carefully in particular.

Actually, the reverse is true. You don't drop a 0 anywhere.

The MCC is 3 decimal digits. The MNC can be 2 or 3 decimal digits.

If only 5 digits were permitted (essentially, 2 for the MNC), there would be a whole lot of invalid 3 digit MNC numbers out there (look at the lists closely - you'll spot them). One reason I've become familiar with this is Canada. Look at those carefully in particular.
Sorry and thanks for the correction.

Do you or Andy think, we can fool the unit into thinking it has app 9.058 when we use something else. This why home version won't matter? I know I seen it someway where the app version is loaded on the unit but can't find it again.

Do you or Andy think, we can fool the unit into thinking it has app 9.058 when we use something else. This why home version won't matter? I know I seen it someway where the app version is loaded on the unit but can't find it again.
Man, I wish. Long ago, we tried fiddling things like the ttgo.bif file, but tweaks made there get overwritten by "reality" as soon as the unit is operated, so the "correct" data is always being downloaded by Home when it runs.

Any attempts to quickly fiddle information in the firmware file loaded to the unit blows up the CRC - it takes quite a bit of expertise to work around that, and on the whole, we don't even discuss hacking TT firmware here (for other reasons!) That's what it would really take, too -- a hack to the firmware being loaded to the unit such that it misreports its firmware version when Home is fired up and makes its inquiries from the unit.

Last edited:
Man, I wish. Long ago, we tried fiddling things like the ttgo.bif file, but tweaks made there get overwritten by "reality" as soon as the unit is operated, so the "correct" data is always being downloaded by Home when it runs.

Any attempts to quickly fiddle information in the firmware file loaded to the unit blows up the CRC - it takes quite a bit of expertise to work around that, and on the whole, we don't even discuss hacking TT firmware here (for other reasons!) That's what it would really take, too -- a hack to the firmware being loaded to the unit such that it misreports its firmware version when Home is fired up and makes its inquiries from the unit.

Thanks
Should I delete my post?
I would NEVER hack any ones software or firmware.
I did find out if your fast you can still do the update using 2.8.0 before the push to update Home.

Thanks
Should I delete my post?
I would NEVER hack any ones software or firmware.
No, no problem. We've recommended no sites or methods or anything. The discussion simply brought up the point that the files that we might easily modify inside the TT get overwritten with the "real" data when the TT is operated. No point in anyone beating their head against the wall trying.

I did find out if your fast you can still do the update using 2.8.0 before the push to update Home.
Guess I'm not that fast :p. I'm still very unhappy that they're playing these games without (one assumes) due thought to the consequences for some users who have specific reasons NOT to update.

Ran all day again yesterday with my 9.058, and still no problems with traffic or other Live services. Perhaps it is true that if you are not in an area where services are a problem to begin with, it won't matter if running 9.054 or 9.058.

I've been looking for the link to roll back home.
I'm using 8.371 which uses AT&T network code 31410
9.058 uses T-Mobile network code 31026 which gives the time outs.

I wonder if the newly announced AT&T / T-mobile merger will help things out.

When Verizon bought Alltel ( a very good network here in Florida that I was on), it took nearly a year to see any signs that the two networks themselves had been joined. In fact I think it's only been in the past few months that the final Alltel towers were actually merged into Verizon's network. Probably several months before any potential AT&T service area improvements will be seen. If then. AT&T has indicated they hope to leave much of the T-Mobile plans in place, so it's not clear if they intend to actually merge the two networks completely.

The Sprint / Nextel merger never has worked out. Sprint's QChat was an unmitigated disaster, and no network consolidation was really possible to begin with. Sprint would have been far better off to leave Nextel (with its very low customer turnover and high monthly average bill) alone to operate as a separate company.

Ask a Question