Can't delete route from My Routes on iPhone with TomTom GO Navigation App

I just tried it, and it still the same...
I logged out, close the app on my iPhone, Started it again, logged in and the route is still there.
I think that the route is on the server, because, few days ago, I uninstall the app from my phone, and after installing back, and reload all the needed maps, the route was still there...

If you uninstall the app on your phone and then reinstall it, the route should no longer appear in your list.

If you uninstall the app on your phone and then reinstall it, the route should no longer appear in your list.
I did it but as soon as I reinstall and Log, my datas (POI and routes) are automatically loaded even this "phantom route".

Hi
On the application Can you try to log out of your Tomtom account then log in again with the same credentials of your Tomtom account.

I am the original poster for this topic. Willy, I notice that you had input back in January suggesting similar stuff like logging out and in and deleting and reinstalling the TomTom GO app, but the problem is far more complicated than that. I have my iDrive account on two phones, two iPads and two computers, and the "phantom" route doesn't exist on any of them. I have the iOS app on two phones and two iPads and the "phantom" route is still there on all four iOS devices, 10 months after it was deleted from "all devices". It cannot be deleted from the iOS app as "Edit List" is greyed out. My previous attempt to get any sense out of TomTom went unrewarded.

Out of curiosity, is that phantom route also shown if you install GO Ride on your iOS device?

Out of curiosity, is that phantom route also shown if you install GO Ride on your iOS device?
G'day Juergen,

I was curious, so I just installed TomTom GO Rider, and no, the phantom route is not there. My other eight current routes are there, but not the phantom route.

Also, not being familiar with the motorbike app, what are the differences and why is there a need to have a separate app for motorcyclists.

Good on you,
Brian.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for checking! So the fix to this strange issue will probably only come when it's possible to delete routes in the iOS app, like it is possible in GO Ride for iOS.

GO Ride mainly offers more scenic routes for bikers such as super thrilling or even including unpaved roads.

Regards,
Jürgen

Have the same issue with one particular route, edit button greyed out.
I really would like to delete this route, it was the route to a good friends funeral, a day I would prefer to leave in the past and not be reminded of every time I use Go.

Have the same issue with one particular route, edit button greyed out.
I really would like to delete this route, it was the route to a good friends funeral, a day I would prefer to leave in the past and not be reminded of every time I use Go.
G'day Barry,

It is now 11 months since I drove my "phantom" route and deleted it off all devices, but it is still there on the iOS GO app, with the edit greyed out and unable to be deleted. I have given up on this one, TomTom themselves are useless, it is sort of like TomTom is a phantom operation with no actual real people. If you email them and explain the full problem with everything you have tried to no avail, they get back to you with something intelligent like "do a restart on the device" or "uninstall and reinstall the app". TomTom have no real technical support.

Brian in Australia

Any idea have you tried deleting the app on Iphone?
Hi Willy875 and others,

I'm having similar issue's with syncing MyDrive routes to the Go Nav app. Also tried to de-install the app, delete all associated data and re-install the app. "old" data and routes still remain in the app even some routes which are no longer present in MyDrive.

More and more I'm thinking that the iOS de-install / re-install does not wipe all data.

Any idea's?

Regards, J

Hi
On the application Can you try to log out of your Tomtom account then log in again with the same credentials of your Tomtom account.
Hi Wily875, just tried this without any impact on what routes show up in the app.

Regards, J

Hi J,

Are these routes with a dotted or a continuous line in the arrow? A continuous line indicate routes created on the phone and Edit List should be enabled so you can delete them from there.

all the same, dotted. First 3 can't be deleted, the rest wil and is still on my other systems.

rob-z,

I am the original poster of this topic just over a year ago.

Despite exhaustive attempts to get this problem solved, we are no closer than we were 54 weeks ago.

Relentless attempts by Willy875 to get people to delete and reinstall the app, and to log out and log back in again have gone unrewarded, no matter how many times he was told this was not the solution.

On two separate occasions I have contacted TomTom support and had a back and forth chats, with the only advice being to, wait for it, "delete and reinstall the app, and to log out and log back in again". TomTom has absolutely no idea, and from my efforts, don't even accept there is a glitch somewhere. The glitch is not necessarily in the TomTom GO app, it might be how routes are stored in one's My Drive account, as it seems it is only routes planned in My Drive and shared with other devices that are giving the problem in the TomTom GO app.

As for me, I am just going to tolerate the "phantom" route - it is actually a track - and just ignore it, as I have no more mental capacity to think about it any longer. Pretty much like TomTom, no capacity to think about or try to solve problems. If "deleting and reinstalling the app, and logging out and logging back in again" don't solve a problem, they have nowhere else to go and no other advice to give.

Ask a Question