cannot transfer music to 720

I am a complete dummie with computers so could someone tell me in detail how to transfer songs from itunes to my 720. I put a SD disk in and thought i had transferred it but nothing shows in jukebox. Thanks:(

Music MUST be in the mp3 format. No others will play.

Further, there must be a folder called mp3 (all lower case) on internal (or, in the case of Go series like 7x and 9x models) the folder can reside on a sdhc card. The mp3 files go into the folder. Use Explorer (or in the case of a Mac, Finder) to move the files into the folder.

Thanks very much for replying. The music is from itunes so I presume they are already MP3 and I can see them in the MP3 folder on my disc but they do not show up on the jukebox

The folder mp3 MUST be all lower case on your unit (or sdhc card). You say you assume the files are in mp3 format. That may not be the case. When you use either Explorer or Finder, what does the extension of the file show?

You are right they say mp4. I just presumed as they were in itunes they would be mp3. I would be very grateful if you could tell me how to change them

From Itune's Help:

To convert a song's file format:
1. Choose Edit > Preferences, click General, and then click Import Settings.

2. In the Import Using pop-up menu, choose the format you want to convert the song to, and then click OK to save the settings.

3. Right-click a song and choose ?Convert Selection to.?

At times users will also have problems with mp3's downloaded from iTunes due to DRM (Digital Rights Management) and conversion is sometimes required. Booooooo!!

Ask a Question