Voice control cannot be used with your display language

TomTom Model(s)
ONEXL
i have just bought a Go 620 from Amazon France. I live in France, but English is my first language, so that is the language I use on my GPS. But when I try to set up Voice control, I get the above message.
Voice control must work with English on some machines - why not on mine?
I have seen posts saying it will work if your machine voice is Serena - but that voice is not available on my GPS.
Help to get my GPS working with the full range of services would be appreciated - I am currently NOT Impressed..

Call support to add Serena to your account to download using WiFi:

France
01 70 36 35 82
du lundi au vendredi de 09h00 à 17h30

(agents supposed to be able to speak English)

Understand that these devices couldn't begin to hold all of the many computer voices that have been created for them. So the standard practice in each market is to assure that the 'computer' (text to speech) voice that comes with them is the one most relevant to the market in which the device will be sold. For users whose preferred language isn't that of the country in which the unit is sold, doing what David suggests is the proper solution.

It did used to be easier when the full range of available voices was provided for download, but that hasn't been the case for quite some time.

Understand that these devices couldn't begin to hold all of the many computer voices that have been created for them. So the standard practice in each market is to assure that the 'computer' (text to speech) voice that comes with them is the one most relevant to the market in which the device will be sold. For users whose preferred language isn't that of the country in which the unit is sold, doing what David suggests is the proper solution.

It did used to be easier when the full range of available voices was provided for download, but that hasn't been the case for quite some time.
I can understand the storage problem - but it is bad that the error merssage one gets is misleading. Voice control is available - but you have to call customer service to get it. The error message should indicate that - not everyone is geeky enough to come to this forum to find out!
Thanks to you and dhn for your help.
I now have Serena on my device, and voice control activated.
Might be worth noting that my first operator did not speak English, and since I didn't fancy battling through my poor French I was eventually transferred to someone who did.
Anyway, thank you everyone.

Ask a Question