MyDrive Connect cannot connect to server

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by fluelmo81, Jul 22, 2019.

1. fluelmo81

fluelmo81

TomTom Model(s):
    TOMTOM START 25
    Hi,

I have a TOMTOM START 25 which I am trying to update. I have a Windows 10 PC. I downloaded MyDrive Connect and installed it, but I cannot get passed the screen which says "Our servers are very busy. Click retry a few times until you connect, or try restarting MyDrive Connect".

I have tried this at all times of day, restarting many times. It never goes past this screen. My internrt works for everything else, and my TOMTOM detects the computer when I plug in the USB.

I suspect it might have to do with the fact that when I downloaded MyDrive it only gave me the option of dowloading for windows XP or Vista, not Windows 10. Does this make a difference, shouldn't 10 be able to run programmes that ran on XP? If this is the case, why can't I find a MyDrive Connect for Windows 10?

Any help is appreciated.
    Fabio

fluelmo81, Jul 22, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. fluelmo81

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    MyDriveConnect certainly does work with Windows 10. That is my setup here. I'd try again for the file at tomtom.com/getstarted.

dhn, Jul 22, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. fluelmo81

molerat

TomTom Model(s):
    One V3 4N01.000 Y4
    Loads of reports on the official forums of "server busy" and not being able to get in. I can't get into Home or MyDrive Connect. No replies from the official sources on the problem.

molerat, Jul 22, 2019
  4. fluelmo81

Arno Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    930; GO 620; Start 63
    Hello Fabio, welcome to TomTomForums.

Unfortunately, you picked the wrong MyDrive Connect.
    Yes, it does make a difference.

Try https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mydrive-connect/ and click on "Download for Windows".

At this time there seem to be problems with the server., as molerat mentioned.

[The 'XP and Vista' vbersion was made after users with those machines could not connect and TomTom was informed by another Moderator in this list.]

Arno, Jul 22, 2019
  5. fluelmo81

Arno Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    930; GO 620; Start 63
    Working now.

Arno, Jul 22, 2019
    molerat likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question