address input issues.

Apparently my map is incorrect. In my area of Illinois (or many rural areas) I have addresses that refer to rural routes. for example, i have a client in naperville, illinois who's address is 6 S xxx bridlespur drive. I can of course enter naperville, the street name but when the house number field is requested, I can't enter anything other than numeric values in the house address field. I've tried omitting the "6 S" in this example but none of the valid house numbers are accepted. Of course my buddy has a quite old Garmin that accepts addresses in that format.

Any ideas? I know my map is current..and the addresses I've attempted to enter have existed for over 20 years...so it isn't a map update issue.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Have you tried 'S. (and the street)' as the street instead of just the street name?

I did just try your suggestion. I put a 6 s in then input the street name and the only match is to select the street name from the list below..which deletes the 6 S in my example...

so that doesn't help.

I get around it by selecting a cross street that is offered on the tomtom, but, while that gets me where I need to be, it ticks me off I can't enter the full proper address.

It must be an error in how the map was converted from its government source.

The tomtom map only recognizes 6 Bridelespur Drive as the entire street. No additional numbering is recognized. This happens to many streets in the neighborhood. (click on the street in "Browse Map" view and you can see the closest street number to where you clicked.

You should report it to teleatlas and mapshare as they'll need to reimport data for the neighborhood.

For now, you'll have to set up the clients as favorites or POIs based on a location on map, not an address.

Ask a Question