Anyway to speed up address input?

sfc

Hi,

I use my GPS for public safety, and was wondering if there was any way to speed up the address input?

For example right now:

Touch the screen
Navigate to
123 Address
Street and House Number
Input City
Input Street
Input house Number
Done....
And Done again to go into 3D mode

For obvious reasons, this is excessive for public safety

Is it possible to shorten it anyway?

Touch the screen
Automatically goes to street and house number, and then press done without having to press done one more time to go to 3d mode?

Thanks

1. Save those addresses as Favorites or POIs if you know in advanced. If not
2. Input BEFORE start driving or
3. Pull over, input, then start driving.

I hope there will be a shortcut but for now, I doubt it.

Though I've never used them personally, the TomTom Go 630, 730, 930 and 930 Traffic allow for voice input. That might speed things up a bit -- if you had a general idea where the destination was you could get started while verbally telling the TomTom what address you are trying to get to...

Perhaps someone with one of those units will pipe in.

sfc,

As far as I know there is not a faster way just using the TomTom by it's self.
Using the Text to speech method is also not faster it's just for convenience.

Faster methods would include
1. Create a custom POI file (This way it will not get deleted like favorites do with a new map update and you get a fancy icon)
2. Use Google or TomTom route planner and send the destination to the TomTom
3. Use a 3rd Party application - Tyre or a Poi maker
4. Geocode addresses and use the browse feature and tap find then enter in the coordinates
5. If the destination does not need to be exact use the browse feature it may be faster if it is already showing the area (if not by taping to get to the correct area you could have saved time just entering in the address)
and if you have an overlay tapping the right destination will be easier if you are use to using satellite view with online maps.

Hi,

I use my GPS for public safety, and was wondering if there was any way to speed up the address input?

For example right now:

Touch the screen
Navigate to
123 Address
Street and House Number
Input City
Input Street
Input house Number
Done....
And Done again to go into 3D mode

For obvious reasons, this is excessive for public safety

Is it possible to shorten it anyway?

Touch the screen
Automatically goes to street and house number, and then press done without having to press done one more time to go to 3d mode?

Thanks

Not sure if you are talking Statewide, countywide, or just citywide PS.

Entering the state of course is not needed.

If you are just citywide then you should see the most recent city at the top of the recent list when in the enter City screen so that should just be a tap.
If you are all over the county, then most recent cities should be in the list so you may be able to skip typing for most entries. Don't forget you can enter a zip code instead if you know it.

As for the double DONE at the end. If you go to PREFERENCES you can set up for the Route Review screen to disappear in 10 seconds automatically.

I hope this helps.

Ask a Question