920T - Anyway to get to traffic read out screen with remote?

Hi!
Is it possible to use the remote and get to the screen where it can read out the traffic to you.
I currently have to press the green traffic icon on the top right and then get to the menu.
I would like it if it were possible to do it all with the menu. Then I can place the device farther out of the way :)

Maybe I'm not understanding what you want? You can go to TomTom traffic on the main menu and choose "Read aloud traffic info" - IIRC it's on the second page of the traffic menu. Is that what you want?

I've built a custom main menu to put the traffic item on the first page... can't remember which page it appears on in the default configuration.

if you have traffic enabled, then in the main screen you get the little green button on the top right. If you touch it (or on the extreme right of the map), you see a menu with the following options:

Minimize Traffic Delays
Show Home-Work traffic
Update Traffic Info
Read aloud traffic
Change traffic preferences

I would like to be able to get these options - notably the one that allows me to say Read aloud traffic and click on it any time I want to be able to listen to the traffic delays on route - when i want.
i can do that by touching the screen. But I want to do that using the remote.

Hope I was able to explain it correctly!

On the remote, push the center cursor button. That should take you to the main menu. Now use the right cursor button to navigate to the blue triangle at the bottom right of the menu. Use the center cursor button to go to page 2, then repeat. Page 3 should have an icon labelled "TomTom Traffic". Select that with your remote and you should have access to all the functions you describe. AFAIK that is the only way to do what you want with the remote.

If you customize your menus as discussed elsewhere in the Tweaks forum you can move the traffic icon to be the top left item on the first menu page. That would let you access traffic by simply pushing the middle cursor button on the remote twice.

Boyd,
Thanks for your reply. I found the answer.
I was always able to navigate to the Traffic menu on Page 2, but when i clicked on the TomTom traffic, what I missed was that THAT also 2 pages and the options I was looking for were on the second page under tomtom traffic.

anyway, thanks for you help, or else I would not have looked hard enough ;)

Now, another question for you. I have set up the quick menu with my favorites, but do not know how to get to it using the remote. I can get to the page where i can change what's on the quick menu, but how do I activate it?

Good question. I never found a way to access the quick menu with the remote either. But I'm not 100% sure because I stopped using the quick menu since I didn't like the icon taking up so much screen space :)

Ask a Question