• VIA135m

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go920T

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
TomTom Model(s)
go920t via135m
Hi there,

I have an old go 920T which I last purchased updated maps for around 2 years ago.

I am thinking about replacing this with a VIA135M unit with the lifetime map update service.

I know that the VIA includes bluetooth like my old go and that i can buy an RDS-TMS receiver for it.

I have heard however that a lot of the features which used to be in my old GO have since been removed from the newer models (things like EPT and Lat/Long Co-ordinate inputs etc)

If this is the case, would I just be better to pay for updates on my old GO, or should I buy the VIA. The price is attractive and it cover UK/ROI and western europe. It also has 8gm memory compared to my go 4gb

All depends upon which features on your 920 are really essential to the way you use the thing. That said, the 135 does take coordinate entry now.

FM modulator, EPT, itinerary planning, mp3 player, aux audio out jack ... we can't know without some help. The lure of lifetime maps has to overcome any feature deficiencies.

EPT and itinerary planning I would use. The rest is just gravy, and I have never actually used any of those features! The lifetime mapping and integrated mount do lure me to the via though

If you use those two, be advised that you will find neither of them on any current unit -- not since the 940.

Definitely right up there, but apart from the dock (which I much prefer to the old integrated suction cup business) and Live services, the 920 is just about as good. If you were interested in the higher resolution and greater street coverage of Live traffic, that would make a difference between 920 and 940. Unfortunately, I do not believe they offered a "TM" version of the 940 on your side of the Atlantic, and if you were to find one, it would have been from the U.S., and the lifetime map subscription only applied to the U.S. map, not the European map. OTOH, I may recall that a TM option was offered after the fact. Perhaps moderator Andy (from your neck of the woods) can elaborate for us.

Ask a Question