TT720 Voice Address Input Revelation

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 720
So I have been interested in updating my TT720 to include the Voice Address Input as I have seen that it is offered on the new 720s. So I was unable to do the directions posted by another user because my latest map guarantee ran out and I decided to give ol TomTom a call. They acknowledged that later model 720s had this function and that a firmware update would be coming up within the next two weeks to allow the older models (like me) to have that same technology via a simple update on TomTom Home. Hope this helps anybody who isn't able to get that new map like me and use the 'hack'. Let me know what you guys think :cool:

Any takers

By the way - is there anyway anybody could send me map version 7.10? I don't know if its zipable or what. But it would make my life a whole lot easier and I'd have some fun trying to get the voice function to work with the directions I've seen posted elsewhere. Thanks! :rolleyes:

By the way - is there anyway anybody could send me map version 7.10? I don't know if its zipable or what. But it would make my life a whole lot easier and I'd have some fun trying to get the voice function to work with the directions I've seen posted elsewhere. Thanks! :rolleyes:

Sorry, Joseph......even if the sharing of maps were legal (which it isn't), TomTom's Home software (the only way to install maps in North America) locks a map to a specific unit. So, if you were to get hold of a map, it wouldn't get seen or activated by your unit.

p.s I'd also be sceptical about the explanation you reported from TT Support. Something doesn't sound right to me regarding a new update to make VR work on older 720's.

vr on older 720

I just did an upgrade of maps and software and now have the vr. I didnt before the update,

Ask a Question