TT720 routes on SD card

Hi everybody,

Been reading this forum for some time now, nice and very informative place. Wonder if there is a way to place into TT720 routes prepared on PC on Harley Davidson Map as GPX and converted to GPS route format by ITNConv., if it is possible then what is the TT recogniseable identifyier for route, (like Navigon its ?.rte?)? Since TT720 has build-in disc would-it be possible to load into it routes from SD card just like on Lowrance iWAY-350 where it would present choice to save data from hard disc to SD or Load data into hard disc from SD?

When SD is incerted into TT720 does TT reacts to it by automaticaly presenting choices of action or does the user has to invoke it to take action? If user has to initiate action ? how it is done? Being a new user of TT720 (4 days and counting) I would like to find out what else SD is good for besides music, books and maybe maps, as far as maps are concerned can this unit operate strictly from SD that has original system and maps, that was backed-up, in it? ( not using hard disc at all ).

Any and all information on this will be greatly appriciated.
Thank you all and all the best.

Hi everybody,

Been reading this forum for some time now, nice and very informative place. Wonder if there is a way to place into TT720 routes prepared on PC on Harley Davidson Map as GPX and converted to GPS route format by ITNConv., if it is possible then what is the TT recogniseable identifyier for route, (like Navigon its ?.rte?)?

For Tomtom, the extension is .itn and such files go in the itn folder on the unit. But it's not good enough to just rename a Garmin .rte file, it must be converted to an .itn file

Since TT720 has build-in disc would-it be possible to load into it routes from SD card just like on Lowrance iWAY-350 where it would present choice to save data from hard disc to SD or Load data into hard disc from SD?

You could have the itn folder on the sdhc card, I suppose.

When SD is incerted into TT720 does TT reacts to it by automaticaly presenting choices of action or does the user has to invoke it to take action? If user has to initiate action ? how it is done? Being a new user of TT720 (4 days and counting) I would like to find out what else SD is good for besides music, books and maybe maps, as far as maps are concerned can this unit operate strictly from SD that has original system and maps, that was backed-up, in it? ( not using hard disc at all ).

Make sure it is a sdhc card ,not a sd card. Further, the faster the class the better (class 6 is good) and that it's a reliable brand, not the crap that is sold on ebay. Finally, at least a 4-gig card, 8 might be better if you have lots of mp3s. You can run everything from the card if you wish, application, map, mp3s and all other folders. Some do it that way.

Any and all information on this will be greatly appriciated.
Thank you all and all the best.

Welcome to TTF. anything else, just ask away.........

Before doing anything though.....make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.

Hi dhn,
Thank you for welcome and fast answer. I did back-up my TT720 as you have instructed using Windows Explorer and saved in identifiable folder, did click on "show hidden files" ( before doing back-up ) and noticed one item ( in backed-up folder ) was grey when all appeared on display, this same item (after I unclicked show all hidden files was no longer on screen so I take-it it was one of the hidden files.

The way I understand you I must create folder on SD with ITN name on it - OR can I just copy folder that has ITN beside-it from back-up area? ( copy, NOT cut ).

If I want to use SDHC to run the whole show, do I have to remove all from hard disc in unit? or it wont matter since it will not conflict (being the same stuff) with each other?

Thanks again for your kind help.
Ohotnik.

You can just copy the itn folder (it is lower case) to the sdhc card.

If you want to run everything off the card, it is best not to have anything on the internal of the unit. Many (including me) have just the map on the card and everything else on internal.

Ask a Question