TT720 Can't get past "CONTINUE"

TomTom Model(s)
go720
hi - after not using tom tom for some time, when i did it didn't work - after confirming who i was (ie where it says my name and address) i press "continue" and nothing happens.
I scrapped all the old tom tom software on my mac and re-downloaded all new versions and paid for another 18months of maps, but still can't get it to go past "continue"!
it all works fine on my mac, just not on the tt720 -
i am suspecting software may be too large for tt720 - could i have reduced the number of maps to download i wonder?

Sorry, still not clear where you are seeing the 'continue'? On the 720 (and, if so, where) or in Home 2?

Sorry, still not clear where you are seeing the 'continue'? On the 720 (and, if so, where) or in Home 2?

sorry - i'll describe it in sequence:

i turn gps on (not connected to Mac)
it comes up with screen that says: "this device belongs to" and then displays my name & address
at bottom of screen is a "continue" button which when pressed doesn't make it continue - it just sits there displaying my name & address
it does come up with a message saying "FM transmission 92Mhz" which is only displayed for a few seconds

If you try resetting the device using the reset hole on the bottom, what happens then?

sorry - i'll describe it in sequence:

i turn gps on (not connected to Mac)
it comes up with screen that says: "this device belongs to" and then displays my name & address
at bottom of screen is a "continue" button which when pressed doesn't make it continue - it just sits there displaying my name & address
it does come up with a message saying "FM transmission 92Mhz" which is only displayed for a few seconds

I GOT IT WORKING!!! persistence paid off - i think it was using the eject button on computer (on TT screen) that made the difference! - sorry to bother you! and thanks for being there!

Ask a Question