TT720 base not connecting to pc error message

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom 720
I have a big problem after I have updated to the newest map830.??I was able to connect to TT home from the base with no problems. I downloaded the newest map a few weeks ago and not today I went to conect to get updates and not I get this message my USB device is not reconized everytime I plug the TT unit in and turn on. My USB works fine as I have tried it with others items it is just the TT base itself and my 720

any things to try? I have a laptop I will downloat home to if I can and try it on the laptop.

The first thing to try is a pin reset of the 720. Then connect it to the computer and see if it is recognized.

you are the man. That corrected the problem. Thank you very much. I never though of the pin reset because I really have not had a problem where I have had to do that.

Thank you again

The first thing to try is a pin reset of the 720. Then connect it to the computer and see if it is recognized.
I'm finding that after the recent round of firmware and map updates, I'm having to do this just about every time I connect my TT720 via home. The TT does not recognize that it has been connected to an active USB port, and does not present the option to connect to the computer. The pin reset resolves this immediately.

I agree.......I used to rarely, if ever, see this problem reported by some members. Recenlty, a fair number.

But, as with most issues, why some and not all? (bite my tongue here .... :eek: ), I've not had that problem.

I KNOW you disconnect your unit properly, as do I. What the heck else is different? (I do have 8.350, not 8.351 but I saw people had the same problem with 8.350).

That's strange because that hasn't happened to me... yet.

Although it does seem that with the latest updates, people everywhere have been having trouble with their devices. I can't imagine how bad it will be with the next few updates.

It's like a new medication that comes out that is supposed to help treat a problem you have, but at the same time it causes WAY more side effects than it treats. *sigh* :(

The medications I can't stand are the ones that list "death" as a side effect.

I have the 920 since it came out and thus far, knock on wood, I have never had any problem connecting to tomtom home. I have always updated the first day it comes out. Maybe I am just lucky but I doubt it. Maybe other models are more prone to these problems.

I have the 920 since it came out and thus far, knock on wood, I have never had any problem connecting to tomtom home. I have always updated the first day it comes out. Maybe I am just lucky but I doubt it. Maybe other models are more prone to these problems.

Same here with my 720 *knocks on wood.... I think this desk is wood...*

Ask a Question