Voice Address Input not working.

I currently have a TomTom Go 730 with the following specs...
The device has App 8.010 OS:1000
GPS v 1.21 Boot 1.0012
Map: North America 2GB v 805.1801
Language English US
I believe the voice address input worked before I ran an App update.
Now when I try to navigate and select voice address input, the icon is grayed out. I don't understand how this happened.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks...

I currently have a TomTom Go 730 with the following specs...
The device has App 8.010 OS:1000
GPS v 1.21 Boot 1.0012
Map: North America 2GB v 805.1801
Language English US
I believe the voice address input worked before I ran an App update.
Now when I try to navigate and select voice address input, the icon is grayed out. I don't understand how this happened.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks...

More and more people are reporting the new firmware update has killed VR on their units, whether they be x30 models or x20 models.

Check that you do have cspeechxx.dat files in your map folder and a support_asr.dat file with just a '1' (no quotes) in it in the asr folder. Also select a computer voice and try a pin reset. If all those ingredients are present, your only choice is to downgrade your application. A call to Support to complain may be in order, too.

More and more people are reporting the new firmware update has killed VR on their units, whether they be x30 models or x20 models.

Check that you do have cspeechxx.dat files in your map folder and a support_asr.dat file with just a '1' (no quotes) in it in the asr folder. Also select a computer voice and try a pin reset. If all those ingredients are present, your only choice is to downgrade your application. A call to Support to complain may be in order, too.

Where can we get the cspeechxx.dat files?

Ask a Question