Voice address input on TT 910?

Voice address input on TT 910?
Is there any reason that I can't DL & install the 920 or other TT software on my 910 so I can use the Voice address input feature? I have plenty of HD space on it. Thanks!

I just don't think the functionality is built ino the formware to deal with VR (Voice Recognition) on a 910. It took a 'hack' to get it to work on NA models of the 720.

I mean, if you have a good backup and want to play around, why not? But the speech file are proprietory to TomTom.

I just don't think the functionality is built ino the formware to deal with VR (Voice Recognition) on a 910. It took a 'hack' to get it to work on NA models of the 720.

I mean, if you have a good backup and want to play around, why not? But the speech file are proprietory to TomTom.

What else besides software and a microphone could it be?

Something in the firmware preventing it on that and other non x20 and x30 models.

Since the units were supposed to be electronically identical, I tried several times to get my old 910 up on VR. I installed application versions 7.221 and 8.001. I also did the hack that worked on the x20's with App 7.221.

VR never worked, and the 910 had some issues with the "foreign" applications also, so I had to go back to 7.161.

One poster said he had gotten it to work by loading a clean 720 (or 920) image on the 910. I got a copy of his image, but was not able to get it working either (after deleting his maps that would not work on my device of course and loading mine up).

I never tried the newer 7.90 app with the hack - but would have tried that if it had been available at the time. You might try it with the "hack" - which is simply setting up a blank file in a folder if it is not already there. You also need map version 710 or newer I believe.

Since 790 was to make it possible to use the 815 maps - who knows...

Ask a Question