Voice address input...

I am not able to input addresses via voice and I am not sure why. I live in the US, is that why?

Want to give us a bit more information, please?

Model of TomTom, firmware on the unit (tap the satellite bars and the next screen shows the info), map version (tap the firmware version screen once again and the next screen shows the map, version and build.)

Idiot I am ........just noticed the info model you have. You SHOULD have at least VR (Voice Recognition) for the North American map. Do you see a bunch of cspeech.dat files in your NA map folder?

Want to give us a bit more information, please?

Model of TomTom, firmware on the unit (tap the satellite bars and the next screen shows the info), map version (tap the firmware version screen once again and the next screen shows the map, version and build.)

Idiot I am ........just noticed the info model you have. You SHOULD have at least VR (Voice Recognition) for the North American map. Do you see a bunch of cspeech.dat files in your NA map folder?

Just checked the directory and yes there are cspeech.dat files for each state. But the option is still grayed out in the "Navigate To" menu. :mad:

Could it be because I am indoors? I am getting a very good GPS signal.

No, your being indoors and the strength of the signal have nothing to do with the ability of the unit to handle VR. Unless someone else can step in here to assist, I'm afraid I can only suggest a call to TomTom support.

Ask a Question