300 Not Booting

Hi all,

I bought a new 1GB flash card for my TT, I backed up the original 128 card and copied the contents to the new 1GB, however the TT no longer boots off the new card or the old one. It sits at the 'hands' splash screen and makes a couple of noises but goes no further.

Any ideas? Is there an idiots guide procedure for upgrading the card on a 300 and installing new maps etc?

Thanks.

How did you back up the old 128 card? With Explorer? Were all hidden files/folders set to be shown?

When you use Explorer, does it 'see' the unit as a drive when you have a card (either one in it)?

Have you tried a unit reset with the old card in it? (or the new one?)

See here for further advice.

Yes, backed up with Explorer including the hidden files etc.

Yes, can see the device when attached to the computer and also tried a reset as well, but no joy.

I'm beginning to wonder whether the new SD card I bought is too slow, it was after all a cheap unbranded card. However that doesn't explain why the old card nolonger works. I did try updating it through TT Home, is it possible firmware on the device is imcompatible with whats on the original card?

Thanks

If the unit sees firmware on the card, it boots from the card. I don't understand why the original card doesn't work if all you did was copy the contents.

If you did backup with Explorer, have you tried copying back everything to the 128 card? And reset then?

You are right, cheapo cards don't play well with TT devices.

Besides what I listed in my other link, look for information here.

Ask a Question