Weird I-Phone Bug

My new I Phone App suddenly started "spinning" repeatedly today.
It was as if I was driving around in circles...But I was driving straight or standing still in traffic when suddenly the display would start giving me a panoramic, 360 degree spin showing the road in a 360 degree sweep.
While it did that, most of the read-out info on the lower section of the screen..time..speed, miles traveled..arrival time...greyed out. When it stopped spinning...they came back to full images.
NOT while I got any weak signal warning...in the middle of a trip..repeatedly for the entire trip.
At one point it had me traveling on a bus-only route about 20 yards next to the main highway.

Any ideas what's happening?
Is it a sign of a bad app or a bad I-Phone GPS?

Sounds more like poor GPS performance, I have also had similar behaviour from all the GPS applications I have installed to my iPhone the hardware is sub standard (similar to GPS receivers we were using 3 to 4 years ago). would like to see Apple add the serial port profile to the Bluetooth stack so then have the option to use an external Bluetooth GPS receiver to overcome the poor quality the built in one supplies - Mike

That's what I suspected too.
You'd think there would be enough "cache" info for the app to realize a driving trend before spinning wildly.
Why wouldn't it trigger a "weak gps" signal first?
If the GPS locator gets "lost" why would it start spinning?

Sounds to me like a combo of hardware/software....and something that could be improved by both partners.

Ask a Question